Looking for suggestions on Updated Thermostats for a CAB50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Segismundo101

Feb 1, 2022
United States
I've been attempting to do research on thermostats that will work with my CAB50. I have had the stove now for about 7 or 8 years and have been using the thermostat that came with it. I am hoping to upgrade to either a smart thermostat like a Nest or just a good working digital thermostat without having to make any drastic wiring upgrades. The last post I was able to find that really attempted to answer this question looks like it dates back to 2014 so I am hoping there might be some newer solutions available that might make this an easier upgrade. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!