looking to replace stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AAsTeapots

Oct 12, 2007
My head is spinning. We are looking to replace our Englander which we LOVE and we LOVE the customer service but we have found over the years there are a few things we do not enjoy about their stoves. 1. no ash pan which makes cleaning very difficult as you have to let the stove cool before emptying the ash out. We cant do that because its our only heat source. 2. the hopper is small 3. it rips through pellets. We have a Thelin and we get 24hrs from a 40 lb bag. The Englander gives us about 12-14hrs. That is a much higher pellet consumptions. SO... With those things being said we are looking for a stove that will cover the three things above but also has the same customer service as EnglandSW. Any help you can offer I would appreciate it. I posted last year but I got some suggestions that were way out of our budget. We can not afford $3000+ for a stove. I am looking for suggestions in the 2,500 and under price range. Thank you!

Last edited:
For that kind of money, you would be looking at a
big box store type of stove Dorlet comes to mind
they make a good stove. there are others or the used route
Good Luck

For that kind of money, you would be looking at a
big box store type of stove Dorlet comes to mind
they make a good stove. there are others or the used route
Good Luck
What about Heatilator? dont they run around that price?

try this
a lot of people seem to have luck with them

I liked the CAB50 before I got Harmon XXV (outside your $$ range). Lookup videos on it for cleaning. Large Hopper and cheap. Wife liked pretty, insead of black box.

I'd highly recommend finding a lightly used Harman if you can find one in your area...I purchased my 52i insert for $1500, it was 3 years old, it had a little rust on the cast iron because the guy had stored it in his garage for a year after he moved so most people were scared away by that. I bought about 80 bucks of stove paint, used scotch brite on all panels and painted. It looks like new and has served me well so far and burns anything you put in it :ZZZ

Check out St Croix stoves. I have a Auburn stove and it has been rock solid. Seems to me they would be within your price range.

While I burn corn in mine, a friend burns pellets in his and zero issues.