Looking to see what Michiganders are using

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Reefwonders

Hearth Supporter
Nov 11, 2010
Mid-Michigan(Munith)
I'm in mid-michigan and back in the pellet game. Who's using what and where are you getting them?

Pro Pellets seem like the most consistent and best bet around. I used to get mine at Corn Energy Products LLC, but I found a place closer to me. But CEP usually has the best prices and they deliver if you need too...last I checked they were $185 a ton.

Corn Energy Products LLC
8722 Elm Ave, Newaygo, MI 49337
(231) 652-9400

Reactions: tlc1976
Late to the thread but I second the Pro Pellets. They burn considerably hotter and cleaner than the Kirtlands I used previously. I tested some last season then stocked up this season. I paid $185/ton at the local Family Farm and Home.

I've never tried Somersets. How do they compare to Pro Pellets?

I tried several bags of Somersets last year a few times actually, and wasn't impressed. They didn't hold a candle to Pro Pellets in my opinion. Lot of ash and not hotter, harder to clean my stove actually vs. Pro pellets. They are also quite a bit more expensive than Pro Pellets.

Reactions: tlc1976