Reefwonders Posted By Reefwonders, Nov 1, 2017 at 6:47 PM

1. Reefwonders

Reefwonders
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2010
    Loc:
    Mid-Michigan(Munith)
    I'm in mid-michigan and back in the pellet game. Who's using what and where are you getting them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jonkman

Jonkman
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2015
    Loc:
    West Michigan
    Pro Pellets seem like the most consistent and best bet around. I used to get mine at Corn Energy Products LLC, but I found a place closer to me. But CEP usually has the best prices and they deliver if you need too...last I checked they were $185 a ton.

Corn Energy Products LLC
    8722 Elm Ave, Newaygo, MI 49337
    (231) 652-9400

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    tlc1976 likes this.
  3. tlc1976

tlc1976
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Northwest Lower Michigan
    Late to the thread but I second the Pro Pellets. They burn considerably hotter and cleaner than the Kirtlands I used previously. I tested some last season then stocked up this season. I paid $185/ton at the local Family Farm and Home.

I've never tried Somersets. How do they compare to Pro Pellets?

4. Jonkman

Jonkman
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 11, 2015
    Loc:
    West Michigan
    I tried several bags of Somersets last year a few times actually, and wasn't impressed. They didn't hold a candle to Pro Pellets in my opinion. Lot of ash and not hotter, harder to clean my stove actually vs. Pro pellets. They are also quite a bit more expensive than Pro Pellets.

tlc1976 likes this.