Looks like HD is starting to stock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger72

Minister of Fire
Oct 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
Home Depot on Long Island (Suffolk County) on 8/9/16

Attachments

• IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: vinny11950
95F in Michigan today, just can't get my mind into pellet stove or rabbit pellet fuel mode.

I'm thinking half of the stove manufacturers will go under with continued low fossil fuel prices.

Tons slightly used stoves being dumped on Craigslist locally.

It was upper 80s here today. I was surprised to see the pellets. I'm curious to see if that $259.00 price remains.

My pellet price varies between $50 to $170 a ton, but i generally scrounge for them on classified ads. Many users are paying close to $250-300 a ton unfortunately. Hope at best they have a very efficient stove.

Here on Long Island, you won't find the higher end stuff for less than 300 a ton. Usually over 350, though almost everything is more expensive here.

seen my HD has some sitting out front for 259 also, didn't even look to see the brand but my guess would be chow since that is pretty much all they ever sell.I''m ready to fire back up as I have several different brands to try this year that I have never tried.

95F in Michigan today, just can't get my mind into pellet stove or rabbit pellet fuel mode.

I'm thinking half of the stove manufacturers will go under with continued low fossil fuel prices.

Tons slightly used stoves being dumped on Craigslist locally.
It's so humid here that there was heavy condensation on the inside of my windows when I got home from work this morning (I work nights)! I'm thinking oil will go up this winter, hoping not though.

Saw pellets stacked at Lowes in Medford. Didn't bother to look at prices.

Last night my Broinlaw told me he saw Pellet at our local HD $259, Are they stupid?, last spring they were under $200, they think people forgot and there stupid?, I'm DONE BURNING PELLETS!
I really liked having a evenly heated home last winter, I did run my stove maybe 10 bags and during that -10 cold snap in Feb, it sucked as other side of my small cape is over 10 degree's colder!
Same as the 12k window A/C I have in now in my dining room window, it's the opposite, colder there warmer in living room

Hard to think about pellet heat right now when it is 85 degrees outside at 6:30am!

But I do wonder if the big boxes will carry less stock being oil prices are still low. Might be a good idea to buy early as there may not be much later on.

If the big box stores follow form, they'll start off with the same price points but I believe they'll be quicker to lower the price this year when they just sit there while folks are burning oil, natural gas or propane.

Status
Not open for further replies.