Looks Like I'll Make it...how are you making out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 bag in the house, 10 bags stacked on the porch and 18 bags in the workshop. We need to pick up another ton to make it

Over 2.5 ton left so far. Expect to have 1.5 ton left at end of season.

Today, paid for 10 ton through dealers early buy program. Cannot pick up until after April 1.

Have to get my stash back to normal.

im down to my last 4 tons and getting nervous! at least its getting a bit warmed and i see my usage starting to decline.

It is gonna be close. Hang in there. ;lol

44 Bags left here......soon it should warm up a bit more and retailers should be wanting to clear out their remaining pellets......Jackpot for me!!!!

46bags left.

Picked up 25 bags of FSU today. Back up to 36.

Lots of pellets here, buying 10 at a time. Next season I will go for 3 tonnes, but I think I dont need that much.

Lots of pellets here, buying 10 at a time. Next season I will go for 3 tonnes, but I think I dont need that much.

Impressive. I didn't think anyone in Canada could get away with only 3 ton, even in a really small house. I'll be breaking into my 7th in the next week, and that's all I have left in my garage.

Impressive. I didn't think anyone in Canada could get away with only 3 ton, even in a really small house. I'll be breaking into my 7th in the next week, and that's all I have left in my garage.

My house is incredibly well insulated, as most newer Canadian homes are. That's why I need a OAK, there is no loss unless I open the door to go outside pretty well.

My house is incredibly well insulated, as most newer Canadian homes are. That's why I need a OAK, there is no loss unless I open the door to go outside pretty well.

My house was built in 2005, and also very well insulated, and I'm still going through 7 ton this Winter! I have to get my hands on some of that Canadian insulation!

My house was built in 2005, and also very well insulated, and I'm still going through 7 ton this Winter! I have to get my hands on some of that Canadian insulation!
What is your square footage?

I only burn 3-4 tons in Northern Ontario. We insulate like crazy up here :)

Agree, we get real winters up here...lol. The guy who sold me the stove said 3 tonnes give or take, been doing it for 23 years, he should know.
-14 (7f) here this morning, it just does not want to go away.

Agree, we get real winters up here...lol. The guy who sold me the stove said 3 tonnes give or take, been doing it for 23 years, he should know.
-14 (7f) here this morning, it just does not want to go away.
-18 here and -22 with wind. Where are you?

No closer to Chesterville. I did not build it, my dad did in 92.

Scored another ton last week. Between that and the ton I scored two weeks ago( both at lowes) I'm finally doing good. My stash is used by two houses so the 80 or so bags I have hopefully gets me to the end of the cold weather.

What is your square footage?

I'm heating 3300 square feet, so it's definitely not a small home. It's also a wide open concept, so the furthest point from the stove on the second floor is only 4 degrees colder. Because of the openness, it seems to run very efficiently. That said, you live in a more harsh climate, so I guess I just figured anyone in Canada (except maybe Vancouver) would burn through far more pellets, even in a smaller home. I'm impressed anyone can get through a Winter in Canada with only three ton. Good stuff.

I'm heating 3300 square feet, so it's definitely not a small home. It's also a wide open concept, so the furthest point from the stove on the second floor is only 4 degrees colder. Because of the openness, it seems to run very efficiently. That said, you live in a more harsh climate, so I guess I just figured anyone in Canada (except maybe Vancouver) would burn through far more pellets, even in a smaller home. I'm impressed anyone can get through a Winter in Canada with only three ton. Good stuff.

I'm heating about 3000 sq/ft but with R40 walls, it's a little easier :)

I have exactly 1 ton left as of today. We are expecting a major snow storm on Tuesday with near record low temperatures. I'm really starting to wonder if a ton will do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.