Looks Like I'll Make it...how are you making out?

RKS130 Posted By RKS130, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKS130

RKS130
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 14, 2011
    Loc:
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Well, here we are at the first 'official' day of Spring at the tail end of a brutal winter. Luckily I was in a position to buy in advance and I still have about 40 bags left. How are you doing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JohnRXL

JohnRXL
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2013
    Loc:
    Ontario,Canada
    I have 18 bags left and I'm going out tomorrow to get more. We are supposed to get some more artic air mass coming for the next couple of weeks.

3. JoeS

JoeS
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 25, 2008
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Calendar might say spring but next week looks more like mid January. Have 7 bags left so I guess I'll get 15 more since that is all we are allotted at a time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gyingling

gyingling
    Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 13, 2010
    Loc:
    south central PA
    I scrounged 25 bags today, I was down to five.

Hopefully this will do it, guesstimating, based on last years use and this winters bs.

Come on global warming, I need some climate change!

5. Hoot23

Hoot23
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2012
    Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    15 bags, but 20 more tomorrow.

6. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe...
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 26, 2013
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    My wood supply is doing well because I am on a three year plan.......

7. SwineFlue

SwineFlue
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2012
    Loc:
    NE Pa
    I'll be cracking open my last ton next week. First time since '09 that I won't finish the season with an extra ton.

8. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    51 bags left..
    Just put my order in with dealer for 4 ton of Energex premium hardwoods/250.00 ton to be picked up
    by April 30th spring sale for next winter...

9. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe...
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 26, 2013
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    That's great, you might want to get some extra tons so you stay ahead, the next few years......

10. Xena

Xena
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 30, 2005
    Loc:
    South Shore MA
    33 bags left. Probably be enough but if not I'll just run the furnace here and there
    then around mid May will start stocking for next years stash.

11. newf lover

newf lover
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern CT
    I have 60 bags left, plus I gave my sister 10 bags to tide her over till she was able to purchase a ton. I luckily had a couple years of burning just 3 tons, but still bought 4. That surplus sure came in handy this year!

12. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Modestorator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Xena might run out of pellets? Say it ain't so! !!!

13. boo boo

boo boo
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 22, 2012
    Loc:
    So. NH
    61 left here. I gave 15 to a needy family back in February. But that could work out to box seats at Fenway, Time will tell

cory127 and Lake Girl like this.
  14. Arti

Arti
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2014
    Loc:
    South West Wisconsin
    Hmmm 11 Bags left, 2 Ton set aside for next year that might have to be tapped.
    If it gets above 35 the heat pump will get turned on. Hope everyone stays warm and toasty for the rest of the season!

15. peirhead

peirhead
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Aug 8, 2008
    Loc:
    PEI Canada
    70 bags and I'll use them all between now the the long weekend in May.....always shoppin though for next season!!

16. TimfromMA

TimfromMA
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2014
    Loc:
    Central MA
    I have 52 bags left. I typically use anwhere from 3 - 4 tons depending on severity of the winter and how warm I keep the house.

To date I've used 3 tons + 8 bags.

17. bob burke

bob burke
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 9, 2014
    Loc:
    n.y.
    Ambivalent. I'll have enough to coast to warm weather, but I won't have any to start next season.

On the bright side, the cold weather next week will keep ice on the lake into April. The fishing's been good.

18. Mpodesta

Mpodesta
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 15, 2013
    Loc:
    Attleboro,Ma
    1 3/4 ton left.............good thing I guessed way to much for my first heating season

19. TimfromMA

TimfromMA
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2014
    Loc:
    Central MA
    I noramlly buy 4 tons in the spring. The cold winter combined with all the shortages has convinced me to buy 6 tons this year.

20. SXIPro

SXIPro
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Northern MA
    40 bags left. I'll grab a ton more to ride out the spring and have a small buffer for October.

21. JustWood

JustWood
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    You, and everyone else . Along with new units and boilers/furnaces starting to catch on and the 'pane/fuel oil issues this winter it will be interesting to watch supplies.

22. Dana B

Dana B
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Mar 17, 2013
    Loc:
    So. New Hampshire
    I have 26 bags left. The stores around here have been rationing them out ten per customer at a time and we've been buying ten a week. It looks like we may have to do that a couple more times before Spring finally shows up.

23. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 7, 2010
    Loc:
    NW Oregon
    We did our last shell run at the end of Feb, and put in 2600 pounds.

This will see us through til next fall when the plant starts operating again in Nov

Not sure about pellet stocks locally, as we only grabbed about a dozen bags this season to use in case we had to run the Quad much.

Still have a bag left, but should probably get few bags to stick away.

There are times that I get lazy and just turn the stat and let the Quad do it's thing, especially during the shoulder season.

I will let the stove start and as soon as the room air fan starts I turn the stat down.
    This will be enough to warm the house.

Good hunting for pellets folks

Snowy

24. The Ds

The Ds
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 29, 2012
    Loc:
    Western PA, USA
    We have 1.5 tons put back for starting the 2014-2015 burn season, plus about 16 bags to burn now...... Hopefully we won't have to crack next year's stash, but if we need to we'll do it!!

25. Polar Bear

Polar Bear
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2014
    Loc:
    Sudbury, ON, Canada
    13 bags left. Picking up 20 today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.