looks like im going to have some one cut down my huge locus tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
looks like i have to have some one cut down my huge locus tree
Why?
What is a locus tree?
"Locus: A curve or other figure formed by all the points satisfying a particular equation of the relation between coordinates, or by a point, line, or surface moving according to mathematically defined conditions."
It other words, the predicted arc that this tree could take in a storm dictates that, for safety's sake, it must be taken down. ==c

Reactions: Socratic Monologue
I've got a Locust myself in the back yard I'll probably take down and process sometime. It's a pretty gnarly tree though and makes a mess with those giant pea pod things.

Why?
"Locus: A curve or other figure formed by all the points satisfying a particular equation of the relation between coordinates, or by a point, line, or surface moving according to mathematically defined conditions."
It other words, the predicted arc that this tree could take in a storm dictates that, for safety's sake, it must be taken down. ==c
Said the scare crow. The square root of the sum of the squares says it ain't going to fall on your house.

Reactions: Socratic Monologue
There are groves of trees here that can be traced to certain time periods, where major land use changes occured. 1870, 1918, 1941, 1967, 1986. Each one meant a family member passed, economonics dicated, or practices changed. I just cut a locus(t) tree down, and counting the rings indicated it was from 1967. I usually count the rings. It had no tee's.

Don't cut it down very dangerous, Ill swing by and cut it for you and remove that nasty wood for you, happy new year, a gift from me.

Reactions: johneh and JimBear
Don't cut it down very dangerous, Ill swing by and cut it for you and remove that nasty wood for you, happy new year, a gift from me.
Would you need help? Pick Me Pick Me