Looks like my Jotul F45 Greenville has an open seam inside! What am I seeing?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
From Away, If you get time can you take a pic straight on at the weld. I've always thought there was too much gap at the seam.

Hey Crab, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Been a busy week. Here is a pic of mine...

20231028_153329.jpg

Last edited:
F.A., Thank you for the pic. Your seam looks tighter then my stove's. Keep us informed if you ever took the side panel completely off. Hopefully you have completely back together for the cool spell coming.

I realized to take the side cover off, it looked like I needed to take the top off. I went to my local Jotul dealer to order all the gaskets, but stood in line for over a half an hour listening to some guy pick the owners brain on how to install a liner. The guy obviously had no intention of the dealer doing the install, but rather was trying to learn how to do it himself. So, I thought I would go back home, put the firebrick back in, remover the washer that was under the doghouse cover and see how it burned. It burned fine. Apparently that washer under the cover allowed more air in on the right side, which is why my fires generally burned front/right to left. Without that washer, it burns even front to back now. So, I am going to leave it alone assuming the weld is fine at that seam.
Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: Crab and Todd