Looks like sales are still strong on stoves this year.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
codebum said:
..........I was amused at his description of the four seasons
We have four seasons here. Start of winter, winter, end of winter and getting ready for winter, ...

That IS funny! I'm just glad I DON'T live there.... :lol:

I think steady growth is good for all of us - - not extreme demand and not low demand. A gradual increase means a slow adjustment in the right direction and a stronger support structure.

our local paper said a local shop had not sold a stove since March... shop says people are only buying new heating appliances when the old one breaks right now.

lessoil said:
I thought we only had 2 seasons:
4th of July and Wintah!!
If there are 4, then my "Honey Do" list will get longer!!

Yeah, we need to keep a short list so we can enjoy what warm days we have. :lol:

I agree with Stentor and also hope that we are going in the right direction. PFI needs to be firmly established in place with the standards, and the economy need to get going. I think (and hope) that the demand for pellets will become more consistant which should allow the manufacturers to better guage their supply. With more pellet burners in the game, the demand for a consistant quality product will drive the more capable manufacturers to adhear to the PFI standards and hopefully competition will keep the prices fair.

I guess we will soon see how this season goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.