Loose Combustion Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

I had to shut down my stove last night due to a too strong smoke smell. I posted about getting my Piping right up to the top instead of the 5 feet the y give you. I will be doing that anyway.
BUT I thought as I was down I would clean and pull the stove to inspect behind. i found the Combustion Motor was "Hanging" by a thread. Two of the three bolts were almost out and the third half loose. This was a replacement put in by the Dealer on tuesday as the other had Died.
I had noticed a tapping coming from the stove sometime around the increase in smoke fumes.
Is this likely to have been culprit. I suppose I will find out when I fire it up, but I'm off to work now and cant till this evening.

camdids said:
....... i found the Combustion Motor was "Hanging" by a thread. Two of the three bolts were almost out and the third half loose. This was a replacement put in by the Dealer on tuesday as the other had Died......

I don't know what method Harman uses to secure the blower, but if they bolts, make sure there are either "fancy pants" or lockwashers under the head of the nuts. Another idea would be to use a few drops of LocTite on the threads before putting the nut on (use ONLY the BLUE bottle ....it's removable).

Status
Not open for further replies.