Lopi 1750 and evergreen stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
My brother call me yesterday and said that he is thinking of going to a wood stove. With buget in mined, he is looking at lopi or somthing from the big box store (bbs)
His house is a little older so for his home i know he is going to need a stove like the 1750 or the evergreen or the endeavor
Wanted to hear from the people who owne one of these Lopi stoves on how they are. What stove you have, burn time, overnight burns, ect

Thanks for your input, i will be going over all of this with him

Last edited:
My Endeavor has been a solid stove since I put in back in '10. I really have no concern it won't give me several decades. If I was purchasing today I would probably explore a model with a cat but as-is I can get 8-12 hours out of a burn... depending on the time of year and the wood or energy logs I am using. House insulation is probably the biggest factor especially during the real cold spells. I just had my first fire of the season last night and it has been snowing outside all morning... supposed to turned to rain any time though.

We installed a Lopi Revere in our former home and really enjoyed it. I think that is a fireplace Insert with the same size firebox as the 1750. It was solidly built, and we found it attractive enough. We tended to build smaller fires during the day but could certainly get an overnight burn (i.e. good enough coals in the morning just to add wood to heat things up again). We did tend to burn a full load of oak for that, though.

We originally intended it to be a space heater for a finished basement that we could not keep comfortable in winter, but we changed over the years to pretty much heating our entire raised ranch (2,500 sq. ft.) with it (Virginia climate). We did have natural gas to pick up the slack when necessary, though. Our home was very well insulated and air sealed, but the layout wasn't the greatest for heat distribution. We were impressed with the heat the stove could put out, though.

We did plan to replace it this summer with a different insert, not because something was faulty about the Lopi but because our heating goals had changed a bit from when we first bought it. We moved, so that didn't happen. We liked the Revere enough, though, that we had planned to store it for a year just in case we didn't like the new insert as well.

Your brother should spend time on Hearth.com before he commits to a stove. People can answer all sorts of questions and be immensely helpful in making suggestions.

I've had the smaller 1250 insert since 2011. No complaints. It works well in my <1200sf house in a mild climate. The baffle bricks are easy to move out of the way when I clean my liner. Between family and neighbors I know 4 other households with Lopi/Avalon stoves and everyone is happy.