• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

threadstove

May 8, 2023
Oklahoma
Hello,

This past weekend I put money down to hold a Lopi Evergreen Stove, as they had a couple non-hybrid models left in stock. I've never owned a wood stove before. I've done quite a bit of reading on here and research. I'm starting to wonder if I should go with the Endeavor, due to it having a cook top and the ability to load N/S. For anyone that has an Evergreen stove, does the top get hot enough to put a steam pot? With the firebox being more E/W, have you still been able to load it up with wood without any issues? Open to any other info that you might think is helpful.

Appreciate it!

I have an Evergreen and debated an Endeavor for the same reasons. In the end, I like the aesthetics of the Evergreen better, the huge glass is really nice. I have not yet put a pot on the top, but it gets quite hot once it's going. You're not going to be searing steaks on it, but it should boil fine. Loading wood EW is fine in my book. N/S is easier (I have used an Endeavor once) but there's plenty of space in the Evergreen.

I also like the placement of the controls on the Evergreen. Everything is right on the front.

Mine is in a corner and I think the wider stove of the Evergreen subjectively fits better than the narrower Endeavor.

Have your wood yet? That's the most important info I can give you is to get your wood now because if you buy your wood in the fall you will be very disappointed with either stove.

I have an Evergreen and debated an Endeavor for the same reasons. In the end, I like the aesthetics of the Evergreen better, the huge glass is really nice. I have not yet put a pot on the top, but it gets quite hot once it's going. You're not going to be searing steaks on it, but it should boil fine. Loading wood EW is fine in my book. N/S is easier (I have used an Endeavor once) but there's plenty of space in the Evergreen.

I also like the placement of the controls on the Evergreen. Everything is right on the front.

Mine is in a corner and I think the wider stove of the Evergreen subjectively fits better than the narrower

Awesome, glad to hear all this. The stove will be going in a corner too, so thinking it will work out well!

Did you get the fan? On the fence about it.

Have your wood yet? That's the most important info I can give you is to get your wood now because if you buy your wood in the fall you will be very disappointed with either stove.
Fortunately, we have some wood. Good thought though, as I think we need to go ahead and stock up on more.

Awesome, glad to hear all this. The stove will be going in a corner too, so thinking it will work out well!

Did you get the fan? On the fence about it.
Yeah, I'm really pleased with the decision. Over many years I had been dreaming about building a home. In my ruminating, a wood stove floated to the #1 spot in my short list of must-haves. For some reason, I always came back to Lopi as a manufacturer, though I researched others. I didn't want to deal with a cat and preferred steel to cast iron. The Evergreen ticked all the boxes for me. Efficient, puts out a lot of heat, controls front and center, really easy to clean, huge ash pan (especially with the pedestal model), big glass, clean modern aesthetic. And my local stove shop that's been around since the 70s carries Lopi. I've only been burning the Evergreen since January but love it so far.

Since there's a big ceiling fan in the great room, I opted not to get the Lopi fan or the Greenstart. I did get the OAK.

There's a long hallway around the corner to the left in the below pic (first burn before we moved in!). I place a medium-size Ryobi fan (https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...RIES-7-1-2-in-Fan-Tool-Only-PCL811B/318754250) on low setting 3/4 of the way down, blowing cold floor air back towards the stove. With the ceiling fan in the great room going and that little battery fan on low, I can heat the entire home no problem with a temp difference of maybe 5 degrees from the stove area to the other end. Even on low, that 7.5 inch fan works great.

zoxzvSHXkncZDLDgcl06nCpeWb9n3hrsrZRsUWTx_-AhjczLsvphBAsubFaN72mjgaazLEPdSUx-iqCzkk6PW39ftoZ7LNeInbJZUVtemG2dvwBmVEx7-FHbWA-JvCCUFXo28SD02Q8Ec8-F0jkQRaroxR-uu8HuNmwFiDq7nJq6LMAQh825S4yix8gu4YxFBey8yYZB39hRlqy7nzCVgV7NTO0awPxSnq1ze8a6vQLNBraU_C4W1AI1yb1HJJHFz_qdQu0nf752iy3DaxO-ImLhTKEngVN77kOnXJigx4X_ID9AJLWHKpi7VWsvxbsgmZaJiRF_l1JKfza-5RmammzR27U3nVMuAOS10CDJPsRq3QZP-mNs7b1nwvuQxvFZcJy8q-8v8HnHrlB0T3qKTTh6z4oA7wRVxd73bUBbK5fm6uRghJdqPlvH0EtHUoTIUHjkD9o6DThx7Q9rMSoAnZ3hVgQJcSYkrsPw5X2CTLZjvPC6j_4LusEmoCsd4NTWmHP7mgJ6Vzoz2Fiti1qoCC3Ls7IAasqB1V-gZmoWRL4UTJ-hVWEOW8bMkIbh50X9M-LfSdZqa4wUVrJtblJlIWMR8ai3HruSJPRibicCC-I5xg5enpasBjPXyKIHP7YOx1Fpq6o4cnqmMdm2t3uEqs3UymUONCzqq_9AWdO82DvH7zi5dHyBrWrQlrzmjPKhtQEY-JMcOOUYE0pzjRXtGRdYmx7IhhWxFpqK9Kc43qeYX3D8RbRk2Xv1e0vWFZn9p9zNfthjTwsbWlJGE0eATTy9gE8E8kvwy20zInMmyFWA1hAU3aMpDJ_loCHSM5MbKMbn6ZXaXKIDcve8Mu6dkEeRZCvr12-Rho2Fko3JIK954fCJ-Z-VSc4P6iyly1zoV3OB0_Q7nyyHqh01MiBrGYH-AYTgL-EWKXXBD_ihftj5u261lw=w1298-h974-s-no

azaAPhrnwpA9gQADvH1OTRnFYRx3u68fWyFYP5_xZhefm75GL8m_SLssXWoNC0-rpbIZ0C-61_h2W01Pd5PbGbA7MgOOWW8VfDRwgFVu28koQWTJjRpazYewVtGCipTv_dv4cya2NoXpMNRyFqwaGusB2UD2lNC4H15tJaA9GE3Ad4kXBr1vLi1_mC8UOeLNmvien_IWRxZvBCnJQHbmT_D5eRko2cNXXWi0bvOOYAdqua_vAfFoJQh5SBuO_ffNfvsz52PDxAFd7tnjNaj6xHozjs6b6Veob3ekm783loNP_6S_b1m5JRjIBN2DcYOtENtTsHsGumHOPs2ofXg5m4QIpfEmJi90eCsSu5jy2mr5X5dAA7QvIYdtDdNXEmlFL98YbHP0YKuMtYZ3KOb9TBcsmmkLUnzvea9twUy4pI1grpAaY8iRuqjdOzICf47O0_UUTxIhAwRBFDz97N2ofbao30m_X6vB4APONsob9ib16aVfBuBtGy9GmGZS_JPBULH-q-lmiJCxpLWUqcqTdlpOxUNreqtMtHt0C8fyD0M4s4BalGKkg8AQoi0kJCqsykwdTKFuF-gXBaVi0h7cGTkWQkezQ8J9nPQtTEaY3cklpVCvGn-nDe7dbnE4WPttFU0t8ZIFUV4ttSjCyYAGd6tiZffoNxbExycgcUDcmkwklB7NWTt7d_SvbszFe9WJoMT8ZWy7T7XcCspWfRvREaD_V8gKM137sRDXjXpsdGzdOzppcQiwvQeovvh_RovvI6cy38IceiCe7boXTOpDORcZP-OXS-npebdyIAAm2jZV65vRvG4R8SdvrCqzP9V8vgt_C8ezpShqV37mjgHvWcpfQS-q5o6ANyU6UOKL5H6feSnv_QXe1RPMkqPLs8ka-8OJkFqRjTUrGHSVzVZdjM_plAljV7VlzCTZ3noxDx8NeyqG-Q=w731-h974-s-no

Reactions: Prometeo