Lopi Berkshire GS-1 NG conversion parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaduff

Nov 20, 2014
Shiloh, NJ
My wife and I just bought a Lopi Berkshire GS-1 (serial# 3101-880011), mfg Oct '09, direct vent. It is currently set up to run propane and I need to convert it to natural gas; it has a remote and blower kit already installed. I've been looking for the parts to convert it, and have found that I need the NG sit kit (for the burner orifices). Do I also need a stepper motor for the NG conversion, as well? What is a stepper motor, how does it work, and what does it do? Finally, I was told that the remote controls the stepper motor; do I also need to purchase a new remote, if I need a different stepper motor?

I thought we were getting a good deal (pd $850), but if I have to purchase all these extra parts, it looks like it's going to be one big headache :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gaduff,

The part number that you will need for the conversion kit is P/N 250-02357. And Heatsource is correct in that it is not a huge deal, but definitely needs to be taken care of by a certified/qualified technician.

Because this unit was originally a base unit without remote, the conversion kit will come with a manual regulator so you will also need to order a NG stepper motor P/N 250-01566. A stepper motor is a remotely operated regulator that allows us to modulate the flame height using a transmitter rather than having to manually adjust the setting.
The handheld transmitter that you currently have will work just fine with this unit even after we convert it to NG.

Reactions: Heatsource
Hi Gaduff,

The part number that you will need for the conversion kit is P/N 250-02357. And Heatsource is correct in that it is not a huge deal, but definitely needs to be taken care of by a certified/qualified technician.

Because this unit was originally a base unit without remote, the conversion kit will come with a manual regulator so you will also need to order a NG stepper motor P/N 250-01566. A stepper motor is a remotely operated regulator that allows us to modulate the flame height using a transmitter rather than having to manually adjust the setting.
The handheld transmitter that you currently have will work just fine with this unit even after we convert it to NG.

Hi Travis Tech,
(are you a manufacturers employee? if so its great to have you here!!!!!)
dave

Hi Travis Tech,
(are you a manufacturers employee? if so its great to have you here!!!!!)
dave

Hi Heatsource,

Yes, I work in our technical support department. I started coming to this site recently and noticed a lot of questions about our product and decided it would be a good idea to try to help guide some of our customers to the right answers.

Reactions: Heatsource
Status
Not open for further replies.