Lopi Berkshire Propane Stove vs Rinnai

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TetonHoser

Oct 19, 2020
Tetonia, Id
Greetings,

I am considering replacing my Lopi Berkshire propane stove with a Rinnai EX38 propane direct vent wall heater. We live in Idaho above 6000ft. The house is a 1800sq/ft log home with a huge wall of windows. We have a second gas insert in our fireplace and baseboard electric heat throughout the home. I’m hoping the Rinnai will be more efficient, produce more heat, and quieter. Cons are its kind of ugly compared to the Lopi and about $2500 installed (that can buy a lot of propane!). I do like the fact that the Lopi can run without electricity but its not a deal breaker.

My first question is am I making a sideways move?

Thanks!

Hello,
It may not make a significant difference . I have both a Lopi Berkshire and A Rinnai 1004 to heat only 1000 sqft . I like them both quite a bit and use them all winter. I have no other heat source. If the power goes out the Berkshire is there to keep us warm and we love the look of it. The Rinnai is more efficient and very dependable.