Lopi Evergreen vs Endeavor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mattdc123

Aug 29, 2015
SW Oregon
Hello everyone, i just got the go ahead to buy a new stove and was thinking about either another endeavor or the newer evergreen. My endeavor had several cracks and just wasn't taken care of in general by previous owners so i never got the full potential of what the endeavor can do. What are some opinions on these stoves? One thing that concersn me is how the evergreen uses the "fiberboard" instead of the firebrick baffle the endeavor uses. Durability, Longevity? Thanks

Hello everyone, i just got the go ahead to buy a new stove and was thinking about either another endeavor or the newer evergreen. My endeavor had several cracks and just wasn't taken care of in general by previous owners so i never got the full potential of what the endeavor can do. What are some opinions on these stoves? One thing that concersn me is how the evergreen uses the "fiberboard" instead of the firebrick baffle the endeavor uses. Durability, Longevity? Thanks
I am not familiar with either of those. I bought a Hearthstone Heritage. I am so glad I got soapstone. I burn pine and the fires do not last all night but the stove is still keeping the house plenty warm when I wake up. If I load it full before bed there are still enough hot coals to fire it again in the morning.

I am not familiar with either of those. I bought a Hearthstone Heritage. I am so glad I got soapstone. I burn pine and the fires do not last all night but the stove is still keeping the house plenty warm when I wake up. If I load it full before bed there are still enough hot coals to fire it again in the morning.

Bump------

What do you all think about this? I'm leaning endeavor, seems to be a fairly good and reputable unit.

I have the Evergreen and love it. Got the pedestal base with the bigger ash bin. Splits need to be under 13 inches to load N/S, E/W loading can take like a 22 inch split. With properly seasoned wood I can 10+ hour burn.

They are both solid stoves. We run an evergreen in our show room and have installed a dozen or so of them. People are happy with them. I’m super impressed at how clean the glass stays, very pretty burning stove. I like the twin ash dumps, and the ashpan design on the evergreen. The fan is really quiet as well. It’s more like a box fan on the back rather than the traditional small twin fans.

They are both solid stoves. We run an evergreen in our show room and have installed a dozen or so of them. People are happy with them. I’m super impressed at how clean the glass stays, very pretty burning stove. I like the twin ash dumps, and the ashpan design on the evergreen. The fan is really quiet as well. It’s more like a box fan on the back rather than the traditional small twin fans.

The glass stays wonderfully clean in the Evergreen. Even when I've cut the air to soon and blackened the glass over night, one good hot fire and the glass cleans right up. I do think the fan is loud. Even on low I find the fan loud, I don't notice it like my furnace turning on but I notice the drone.

The glass stays wonderfully clean in the Evergreen. Even when I've cut the air to soon and blackened the glass over night, one good hot fire and the glass cleans right up. I do think the fan is loud. Even on low I find the fan loud, I don't notice it like my furnace turning on but I notice the drone.
Loud because it’s moving air though, unlike the little blowers on most other stoves. Moving a small amount of air and making noise.

I bought an Evergreen stove in Sept 2017, both lower corners have cracked. I have to send it back to Travis Industries for repair which will take 4 to 8 weeks, the stove is my only heat source. It was not be a very good experience dealing Travis Industries, they have all but stated this happen because I used the stove incorrectly. Questions they asked: What type of wood do you burn? How much wood do you burn? What type of stove pipe/length and are there any 90 or 45? GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR STOVE! The third photo show the door frame plate which was installed incorrectly from the factory.

Attachments

• 6C3AB5E5-46AC-4B87-8C4A-A3F530C28029.jpeg
    6C3AB5E5-46AC-4B87-8C4A-A3F530C28029.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 4AE7A3E9-1E81-49B7-89D8-10CA75B279DE.jpeg
    4AE7A3E9-1E81-49B7-89D8-10CA75B279DE.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 459
  • 05E5E236-3E3F-44B1-AD0D-7315736355CC.jpeg
    05E5E236-3E3F-44B1-AD0D-7315736355CC.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 403
That doesn't look like it would affect the burn. It could be locally welded for under $200 after the heating season ends if the sole source of heat.

That doesn't look like it would affect the burn. It could be locally welded for under $200 after the heating season ends if the sole source of heat.
It is a stress crack, no amount of welding is going to stop it from happening again. Just letting people be aware of issue with the Evergreen stove.

It is a stress crack, no amount of welding is going to stop it from happening again. Just letting people be aware of issue with the Evergreen stove.
Same thing with my Cape Cod. They have never once admitted there was an issue with the quality of the castings. I even talked to the engineers at the trade show. They said they weren’t aware of any cracked Cod. I sent it back to the factory on a BK skid! Went BK and never looked back! Now they have their casting done in Belgium or somewhere instead of China... funny they never advertised being cast in china with the first run... I took a chance on a new design, I got burned bad!

Same thing with my Cape Cod. They have never once admitted there was an issue with the quality of the castings. I even talked to the engineers at the trade show. They said they weren’t aware of any cracked Cod. I sent it back to the factory on a BK skid! Went BK and never looked back! Now they have their casting done in Belgium or somewhere instead of China... funny they never advertised being cast in china with the first run... I took a chance on a new design, I got burned bad!
Thank you for the information. I'm still trying to get it resolved, might have to go shopping. What kind of BK did you go with?

Thank you for the information. I'm still trying to get it resolved, might have to go shopping. What kind of BK did you go with?
Ashford. My brother in law has it now. Currently I have a Princess.

What is the SQ foot you are heating? How well do's it heat?
3100’ the basement is very poorly insulated and it still keeps the furnace from coming on. We are just burn more wood than we would normally.

Here in the next few weeks I plan to do some more foam board on the walls. I might also switch to a coal burning hopper stove. ==c

The idea is to get you through the season or is this not your sole source of heat? I'm not a welder, but it appears that you and webby3650 are talking about two different things in two different areas. His was a casting issue I think. This is not.