Lopi greenfield gas stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coobie123

Jan 22, 2018
michigan
The wife are I are getting up in age now and have decided to get rid of or avalon astoria wood pellet stove and go LP gas stove.We have been considering a Lopi Greenfield free standing stove.Any thoughts,reviews,suggestions good bad or ugly?

HI,
I dont have a review yet, but the Greenfield is a top contender for me. Im debating between that and a Jotul 500 (Portland). They each have their pros and cons. According to the numbers my husband ran they are very similar except for the fact that the Greenfeild has a lower turndown btu so its less costly at the lowest setting (at our prices it was .22 per hr vrs Jotul at .42). Im not exactly sure how important turn down/lowest btus is with a thermostat. What the dealer like? Warranty? Other features that help you decide?
Good luck- you certainly wont be cold with that work horse!

Reactions: uncndl1
Hi. May I ask what stove you ended up purchasing? I’m looking at replacing our 13 year old Bixby Maxfire with either the Enviro Berkeley or the Lopo Greenfield and am trying to get people’s thoughts and opinions. As a side note, we are on propane, which isn’t cheap, but we no longer want to deal with corn or pellets.

The wife are I are getting up in age now and have decided to get rid of or avalon astoria wood pellet stove and go LP gas stove.We have been considering a Lopi Greenfield free standing stove.Any thoughts,reviews,suggestions good bad or ugly?
I have looked at Lupi greenfield and Jotul Portland . Which one did you choose