Lopi Liberty Basement Install / Temp Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
For those considering a basement install these are temps from last night and this morning, we have been burning hard maple. The wife ran the pellet stove for 1:30 hours before I came home, I shut the pellet stove off and started burning hard maple at 6:00 pm. At 10:00 pm I put in 5 splits and then woke up @ 3:00 am to the sound of the water softener regenerating so I loaded the stove with 4 splits of hard maple. Wind chill is - 16
Last Night @ 10:40 pm
Outside Temp = 24.3
Downstairs Temp = 80
Upstairs = 73

This morning @ 7:30 am
Outside Temp = 2.0
Downstairs Temp = 76
Upstairs = 68

zap

Thanks Zapny.

It sounds like I shouldn't have to do much to get the heat upstairs.

Zapny,
How high is your chimney? My Liberty works well with the draft wide open, but I have never gotten the stove temp over 600*.
On low draft I only get a stove top temp of about 200* and the glass turns really black . I am thinking of adding 2 ft of chimney (class A) for more draft. I am burning birch and maple that is quite dry and haven't gotten burns to last over night yet.
I had -18* this AM.

djblech said:
Zapny,
How high is your chimney? My Liberty works well with the draft wide open, but I have never gotten the stove temp over 600*.
On low draft I only get a stove top temp of about 200* and the glass turns really black . I am thinking of adding 2 ft of chimney (class A) for more draft. I am burning birch and maple that is quite dry and haven't gotten burns to last over night yet.
I had -18* this AM.

I'll have to count the sections of pipe to make sure (when I get home) but I think it's 20 - 24 feet. My stove top temp was 700 and I never go for a overnight burn.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.