Lopi Liberty cracks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zolezzi2000

Dec 16, 2023
Oregon
I have a 2009 Lopi liberty. Dealer says they won't touch the stove with these cracks. Say I need a new stove. I have been using it without problems not sure if I should retire it.

Disappointed as nothing in the 37 page manual warns of overheating the stove. Sure don't remember any warnings from the sales and installers either. Plenty of warnings regarding burning green, wet wood. Hmm.

Thanks for any input.

Not trying to be an ass, but overheating your stove causing damage is kinda obvious isn't it? Running a stove with cracks in it will only lead to more overheating.

I have a 2009 Lopi liberty. Dealer says they won't touch the stove with these cracks. Say I need a new stove. I have been using it without problems not sure if I should retire it.

Disappointed as nothing in the 37 page manual warns of overheating the stove. Sure don't remember any warnings from the sales and installers either. Plenty of warnings regarding burning green, wet wood. Hmm.

Thanks for any input.
View attachment 320772
Not trying to be an ass, but overheating your stove causing damage is kinda obvious isn't it? Running a stove with cracks in it will only lead to more overheating.
Yes I suppose. Have a half dozen other older stoves never had an issue. None have afterburn tubes/manifold.

IMG_3701.jpeg

My regency alterra goes over 800 degrees but it never cracks or warps. Is it the Lopi material they are using?

My regency alterra goes over 800 degrees but it never cracks or warps. Is it the Lopi material they are using?
It will if you push it to hard to often. Any stove will

Reactions: all night moe