Lopi Liberty install position, center or look.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hansvanderdrift

Jul 11, 2014
Brisbane
Hi,

I have a Tuesday install of a lopi liberty. I was all set on the position of the stove until I had advice that it may be better where everyone sits to enjoy the fire.

So, I would like some advice on where you guys might have it installed.

The wall is 8m (26 feet) long and 3m (10 feet) ceilings.

I was originally going to install it in the center of the room. (The 5 meter mark), but my freind said it would be better further to the right (say 3/4 along the way)

14693738891_fa609d1de0_b.jpg

Left box is the center, the right position is the lounge (seating) area

14696631132_d211cd288b_b.jpg

To the left is the dinning table

14696931275_6165ee5205_b.jpg

The position is from the kitchen. A lot of time is spent here.

Last edited:
Functionally, don't think it makes much difference, looks like that stove will be fine anywhere on the wall. Put it where it looks the best aesthetically to you. Nice pick too, the Liberty is a powerhouse.

If you lived on the south coast, I'd say put it where you're going to get the best heat distribution. But being in Brisbane, I'd put it where it looks best and can view the fire.

In the "new" position you would need to remove the table. Not just for clearances but also to have enough room to load the stove. I would put it where you initially planned it. You will still be able to enjoy the fire (and heat).

Status
Not open for further replies.