Lopi Revere install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sb1911

Jan 13, 2016
Oregon,USA
So I recently posted about my purchase of a used Lopi Revere wood stove insert. It's now time to install and I have a few question. Let me start by saying that I have received three estimates from local company's ranging from $1050 to $1250 for install with permit, however the installs were for a liner kit with out the insulation wrap and no block off plate above the stove.

Now thanks to this great site I have been able to do a ton of research and have found detailed instructions of a block off plate build, and found a great liner kit with insulation and everything needed from Rockford (also has DIY install support and videos). I feel like I am informed of the process of the install as well as the challenges and can get things done for around $900 including insulation wrapped liner and block off plate.

Here is my problem and I will include pictures to try and tie this all together and make it make sense. What have is an old heatalator with the pipes rusted out. If you look at the pictures below my question is what all do I have to cut out?

Inside the masonry firebox there are some metal walls, do I remove those too? They seem solid.

One installer said he would just remove the middle pipe and grind out enough area for the flex liner to fit through, should I just do that and not do the block off plate.?

Let me know your thoughts and what questions you may have since this is a little more complex then a standard install.

Thank you,
Simon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 142
Leave the metal walls intact. Yes, remove the middle tube and grind out enough area to run the insulated flex without tearing the insulation. I would also still install a block-off plate just below the damper area.

Yes what begreen said is what we do.

No harm in leaving it there if there is sufficient depth for the insert.

Reactions: bholler
Status
Not open for further replies.