Lopi Revere, Republic, or Small Flush Hybrid Fyre

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ScottG

Dec 10, 2022
Marlborough, MA
We are looking for a fireplace insert, but have a problem that our fireplace has very very little depth. *

Anything we do will require a mason to build out the fireplace, but the only company that has ever made an insert that would require only minimal build-out is Lopi -- the Revere, Republic, and Small Flush Hybrid Fyre stoves.

And, sadly, those small models have all been discontinued. We are looking for any that are out there, whether new, refurbished, or used, so we can start pricing and planning with a mason and move forward with this project.

We appreciate any thoughts about where to look or, even better, someone with one of these on offer, or ideas about other inserts that may work.

* The fireplace is only 13" deep, only 29" high, only 34" wide at the front and narrowing to 21" wide at the back (getting about 1" narrower each 1" of depth).

Have you considered a freed standing stove?

First question, is your fireplace a full masonry fireplace that can accept an insert? The other option is a prefabricated fireplace where it is built into a framed structure even if that structure has a masonry facade.

I’m not actively keeping up with what stove manufacturers are offering these days, but when I was insert shopping a few years ago, two other inserts that I saw that required less depth were the Regency Hearth Heater and the Blaze King Princess.

Also, is Lopi still making the Answer?

I’d second at least looking into a freestanding stove, though with your lintel height it could be challenging to find something. Woodstock and Jotul come to mind as rear-venting options, but again I don’t know a lot about them.

When we had a Lopi Revere insert in our last home, it sat on a raised brick hearth, but we needed more clearance in front of it. Instead of trying to extend the large hearth, we built a tiled platform that sat on the floor in front of the insert. It more closely matched the carpet than the brick, but it gave us the non-combustible clearances we needed. If you could consider doing something like that, would that give you more options for other inserts?

Thank you ESP-B and DuaeGuttae, for your questions and assistance.
It is a full-masonry fireplace, dating to the 1830s by our best guess.
We are definitely considering a freestanding stove, but because of limitations (a very small room, that would lose a lot of utility to give proper clearance for the stove) we would prefer an insert.

The Lopi answer is a possibility, but it would require more build-out for the fireplace. It's in the short list of modls that would require ~6-7 inches of build out, rather than just 1-2".

Thank you, Scott

In addition to the Lopi Answer, the Ironstrike Striker C160 may fit. The depth is adjustable. Check it out.

Thank you. Doable if we build out by 4-5", so a reasonable alternative if a mason can build it out that far on budget. It does heat somewhat less space than some of the other models that would require similar build out, or the discontinued Lopi models that we found.

Your lucky day! Listed right next door to you listed 12 days ago.

lopi revere fire place insert with surround - $900 (brookfield,ma)​

I have for sale a lopi revere wood stove fire place insert with UL tag. this stove has hardly been used. all fire brick are good. has a surround to cover the gaps around the stove. good gasket and blower $900 as is or I can sand and paint for $1200.
wood stove

00Q0Q_2OR8XyziLTdz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Reactions: TomMcDonald
We are looking for a fireplace insert, but have a problem that our fireplace has very very little depth. *

Anything we do will require a mason to build out the fireplace, but the only company that has ever made an insert that would require only minimal build-out is Lopi -- the Revere, Republic, and Small Flush Hybrid Fyre stoves.

And, sadly, those small models have all been discontinued. We are looking for any that are out there, whether new, refurbished, or used, so we can start pricing and planning with a mason and move forward with this project.

We appreciate any thoughts about where to look or, even better, someone with one of these on offer, or ideas about other inserts that may work.

* The fireplace is only 13" deep, only 29" high, only 34" wide at the front and narrowing to 21" wide at the back (getting about 1" narrower each 1" of depth).
hi Scott,
we are about to remove our lopi republic and the chimney liner too. We're in Leverett, MA , about 65 miles from you. Are you interested in talking further?
Sarena ([email protected])