LOPI Spirit DV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cemiii

Feb 22, 2019
N CAL
I am having big time issues with having the burner light. I just took it all apart for the umpteenth time. Put it all back together and it seems to work right. Then the next day I can't start the burner again. It has a Travis remote. Sometimes it will start in the middle of the night if I leave the remote on with about 5 degrees difference in setpoint.
I recently replaced the thermopile as I thought it must be the culprit.
Now it is doing the same erratic stuff.
My reading on mv are only around 288. Adjusting the pilot screw only seems to get me a couple mv change. The blue pilot is hitting the to but is not engulfing it entirely.
Could it be I got another misfit tp?

That reading is with the pilot on and the terminals connected. I guess I need to measure the mv with the terminals disconnected while holding the pilot on to get the unloaded reading.