Lost on adjustments!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull8151

Hearth Supporter
Dec 12, 2010
L.A....Lower Alabama
I just installed an older Regular Buck insert. I am having trouble with the knobs and levers I have and what they are designed for. I understand the inlet dampers on the door and the flue damper, but it has a little lever on the left side under hearth plate. It looks like a air inlet but what is its purpose and when do I adjust it?

I also am curious about the inside design or fire box. It looks to have 2 ways for flue gas to get out. It looks like when damper is closed off the flue gas goes out the lower opening. It looks to have a screen in it when looking in from the top. Is this one of those catalyst things?

Thanks.

Sounds like you are describing a catalytic stove. So, you may have a primary air adjustment, and then you may also have a bypass damper knob, that should stay open upon startup until the stove gets good and hot, then closed, forcing the smoke through the catalytic combustor.

Hey pitbull might want to try contracting buck stoves, they are located in north carlonia and see if they could send you a owners maual.

Here is a pic of the insert. What is that lever on the lower left? I found an online manual but it only briefly mentions the conbustor nor does it show this lever I have. I will give them a call.

Attachments

• insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 139
Yep. I think its in the 27000 series. My dad had one just like mine but his doesn't have the small damper or the lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.