Lost power now N. Englander pellet stove wont start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
So our power just went out. Then came back on partially. We tried turning the stove back on to help suck out the smoke but all it did was blink and even make a noise while blinking.

I unplugged it for a few minutes (still while the power wasnt up fully) and tried it again. Same thing. Blinking a number 4 while the power light blinked at the same time.

Now the power is fully off again.

New englander (very old i think late 90s early 2000s) 25pdv
Blinking #4 (heat range)
But the pellet stove was set to 4 and 4 when it happened.

Dont know what to do. It's warm in here now, not too much smoke but if its broken, im screwed. Ita our only sourse of heat

Any help would be awesome!!!!!

So our power just went out. Then came back on partially. We tried turning the stove back on to help suck out the smoke but all it did was blink and even make a noise while blinking.

I unplugged it for a few minutes (still while the power wasnt up fully) and tried it again. Same thing. Blinking a number 4 while the power light blinked at the same time.

Now the power is fully off again.

New englander (very old i think late 90s early 2000s) 25pdv
Blinking #4 (heat range)
But the pellet stove was set to 4 and 4 when it happened.

Dont know what to do. It's warm in here now, not too much smoke but if its broken, im screwed. Ita our only sourse of heat

Any help would be awesome!!

Well the power is fully back on. its working!

So if anyone else has an issue like this or similar, it might be worth remembering my stove wouldnt run at partial power even with all the lights off

Reactions: alternativeheat
Hope it is on surge protection. Brown outs (partial power) can be just as damaging to electronics as surges... as they frequently have "mini surges" that are not as obvious as a big surge but still tough on the electronics. I personally would have left it unplugged until power was normally restored. Glad to hear it is back to burning OK.

Have the recommended exhaust height and OAK installed?