Love it or List It — hearth.com edition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EbS-P

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2019
SE North Carolina
If you have seen the show the premise is a home maker show where at the end of the episode you have to love it and keep the house or sell it and move on. Let’s do the same with just hearth related items.

Feel free to post your own hearth related photos for fellows members to “love it or list it”.

Zillow suggested this house to to me today. I will reply a little later with my answer.

Evan B1ADFB09-9CB5-499D-A1D8-364C8684045E.jpeg7CD99068-8FF2-4C09-926A-929771BA340B.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a fan aesthetically I would definitely want to narrow it down quite a bit. And why didn't they carry the stove around the back?

I can't make any judgement on the quality of design or construction of the firebox smoke chamber etc from those pics though other than a bit of smoke staining

NFW.

That’s fugly.

Reactions: stoveliker
List it.

And then we learned @EbS-P had another fireplace in his home and this is it...

• Haha
Reactions: EbS-P
List, or get out the sledge hammer.

I love it! It’s massive. The stone is not my favorite but just the size of it makes it a focal point of the house. I would be tempted to paint it. So the by stone in 3 or 4 different colors. The openness on each side I like. The back side needs something. All in all it’s a complete waist of space. But I’m kinda over using a really large sectional to divide up open concept space. And if it was completely gone. How could I watch the fire and TV at the same time.

That fireplace looks like it was made by a ziggurat builder.

Here's one, for real. The caption probably should read,
He: There you go hon, got the mantel finished go ahead and decorate.
She: I'll be staying at mother's for awhile.

bad fireplace.jpg

Looks like he forgot that the last 6" broke off the tape measure.

• Wow
Reactions: Bad LP and EbS-P
That fireplace looks like it was made by a ziggurat builder.

Here's one, for real. The caption probably should read,
He: There you go hon, got the mantel finished go ahead and decorate.
She: I'll be staying at mother's for awhile.

View attachment 294885

Looks like he forgot that the last 6" broke off the tape measure.
Love it! would replace the insert with freestanding woodstove pushed to the left and an angled pipe back to the flue.

Reactions: EbS-P
Love it! would replace the insert with freestanding woodstove pushed to the left and an angled pipe back to the flue.
Too much effort to work off a center line?That deserves a punch in the face.