Loved ones that share your wood burning passion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mojappa

Burning Hunk
Mar 14, 2018
Gerrardstown, WV
Here’s mine. She seems to like the firewood almost as much as she likes chilling in front of the furnace.
3BAF91D7-F544-4BF2-9E22-E6EF753EE279.jpeg

Yep, I have three of the same that will be in the stove room anytime its running except to eat and chase squirls outside.

Beautiful cat! Bengal??

I like those cats but my wife would rather go to the shelter, she has 4.

873C7B35-33B9-4346-A40A-85321599BE3A.jpeg
E8D0328B-9F70-412E-9CFA-4AEFCD1F7368.jpeg
These two have been helping me cut and stack wood for years. The one closest in the first pic has been my woods buddy for over ten years. We have cut hauled and stacked some wood over the years. He was even my truck buddy On those long cold days hauling wood back and forth. My younger one has tagged along now for almost seven. You can see they love there basement stove

We had three dogs for a couple months. We lost the older one back in May, a month before her 15th bday.

DSC00567.JPG

Now we are down to the two:

20180603_104407.jpg

We also have two cats.

DSC02512.JPG IMG_0843.JPG

JRHAWK9 how was it having three dogs at once? I have been considering getting a third lab, a younger buddy for my younger lab. Even though he is almost seven he runs and acts like he is a puppy and the older one some days can't keep up. Plus I figured the two older ones could show the new pup the ropes, schedule, lay of the land so to say. What is your thought?

JRHAWK9 how was it having three dogs at once? I have been considering getting a third lab, a younger buddy for my younger lab. Even though he is almost seven he runs and acts like he is a puppy and the older one some days can't keep up. Plus I figured the two older ones could show the new pup the ropes, schedule, lay of the land so to say. What is your thought?

It really wasn't too bad. Our oldest required the most attention. Every situation will be different though. All depends if you get an alpha dog, or worse yet, two alpha dogs! LOL Three dogs are now considered a pack, so there's going to be jostling for pecking order going on. You just need to make sure you remain the alpha.

Last edited:
Reactions: heavy hammer
12890.jpg

My wood buddies the one in front is 18 my vet just does not believe her
she acts like a pup and goes every where with me . She still loves to hunt
game birds is is one of the best pointer I have ever hunted behind . The other one is 7
and loves to be in the woods with me and a great hunter . They love to lay in front of the fire
on cold winter nights They are German short haired pointers

Beautiful cat!

So I'm breaking the mold and not posting my black lab or cat .
This was my 2 year old daughter this past fall helping me (as she says):
"Get wood fo fiah, dada!" .

When she got tired after a few good logs she loved collecting all the birch bark and putting it in a bucket for me.

Then she sat on the gator and honked the horn for 20 minutes.

It was a great morning!

Attachments

• 20190310_003500.jpg
    20190310_003500.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 20190310_004509.jpg
    20190310_004509.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 307
Reactions: heavy hammer
Nice.

There was no stipulation that this thread was for pets, anyone/anything that is a part of your wood burning proceeds is included. Only started with my cat cause we have no kids