LP prices on the rise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
I’ve been watching the price of propane up here this fall and it’s crept up steadily since I bought my tankful in June at $1.249 a gallon And yesterday I asked A delivery driver what the local,price is now and he said it’s at $2.299/G now, not 2014/2014 prices but the heating season is young yet and there could be further price increases but hopefully not. I usually use a few hundred gallons of LP a year and the rest of my heat comes from scrounge wood.

Last year I locked in propane at $1.459 and this year I am locked in $1.759. I have my own 325 gallon propane tank and shop around. I am seeing prices now north of $2.75. here in upstate NY.

Fuel oil is also on the rise. Cheapest is $3.00 and highest $4.60 for fuel oil.

We paid $3.09 a gallon to fill our 500 gallon tank a couple of weeks ago.
This morning I took a couple of our 5 gallon bbq tanks to get filled and it was $5.59 a gallon at the local gas station.

I have been locking in the price the last 2 years. Last year I paid .599 a liter (3.8 ltr/to u.s. gallon) so $2.28 a gallon.
This year we locked in at .699 so $2.66 a gallon. I dread to think what it might be later this year for those not locked in.