M55 cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

slick

Nov 25, 2010
Nova Scotia
l'm having some noise trouble. 50% of the time my agitator motor is making a loud clicking sound, at least I'm pretty sure it's coming from the agitator motor. Is there anything I can do to stop it or is it something I'm gonna have to live with??? Unless I get another agitator motor. It's weird because sometimes it doesn't make the noise.

Mine occasionally clicks and clanks. I think it is normal. Breaking up Clinkers.
You might want to make sure your burn pot liner is really clinker free especially in the areas where the agitator tines rotate.
Also check you agitator rod tine ends to see if anything is built up on them.
Also you should grease the loose end of the agitator rod with Loctite C5-A Antiseize. It's what was supplied with my stove from Enviro.
---Nailer---

650CE6E8-006E-4C15-8740-0EB564DFE43E.jpeg As nailed_nailer said, you could have a good carbon buildup on the burn pot liner that the end of one of the agitator ends chips off from time to time. Here are the two tools I use to clean my line. The big one, 3/4” is my walking tool, I usually walk all around the bottom of the liner to break off the carbon. Then I use the small one, 1/4” for a fine scrape. It usually takes about 2 minutes or less, once a week. Good luck, Bill

I use a Painters 5 in 1 tool to scrape my burn pot liner. It is stiffer than a putty knife and has a "sharp(er)" edge.
The point part comes in handy to dig into small tight areas of the liner like the igniter port.
I have used mine for 5+ years now. Works great.

upload_2017-11-25_18-15-2.jpeg

Make sure when scraping your liner you really get it down to bare metal. Sometimes the carbon buildup can fool you and look shiny.
I use the point side of the blade to dig and see if any smooth areas of the liner are clean.
---Nailer---

Reactions: bostonfan49
It's not carbon build up, I know what that sound is. I've had my stove probably getting close to 10 years. This noise seems to be coming from the motor.

Reactions: bostonfan49