Made a video of my pellet stove Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
I couldn't find a whole lot on youtube, so I made my own. Let me know what you think.

Nice videos!

Just curious, you ARE putting a GOOD quality surge protector on that stove, right?

Uh oh, Code cop just showed up. ==c

I was going to say garage install, But I figured I'd cut some slack since the vid was cool. Definitely need a good SP on it!

Wow. Maybe the guy just spent a lot of time making a vid to share with everyone :)

Great job doublewide. No time to enjoy, get right over to HD and get an SP ;)

I totally forgot about the surge protector. I have one on my other stove, it just never crossed my mind. Someone on this forum gave me the idea to make the OAK and the thimble as one, they even posted a picture of theirs. I called the township about my garage install and because the garage is detached the pellet stove is no problem. They also said they would not inspect it because they do not need to??? Works for me, but I still want mine to be up to code. I'm probably going to add the bracket to the wall on the inside just to help support everything and run a few screws into the appliance adapter. Happy you liked the videos, I hope it can help people out for now and in the future. Thanks Doublewide

There is no doubt this will help someone. I have it bookmarked. Got a co-worker looking for a stove. This vid will show him just how easy it really is. Nice work.

You'll get a lot of hits with it too! ;)

For sure. I wish I could have found a vid on going through to the roof. Sure would have sped things up!

Yes. Start from the basement. That is where my next stove will be :p

Reactions: smoke show
Good job. Video was short and to the point some people tend to have what I call diarrhea of the mouth and can't shut up.

Very good video loved it. Although i was waiting for the pellet pour and the fire at the end

Reactions: Brokenwing
Very good video loved it. Although i was waiting for the pellet pour and the fire at the end
Thanks again for all the comments it was a fun project here she is burning. Now that some of us have over 20" of snow outside you can sit back and my 3 part feature presentation. Thanks Again. Doublewide

I noticed the glass gets dirty really fast. There is an airwash built into the stove, but I don't know if the air gap is at the bottom of the door or at the bottom of the window. Pellets are Powerhouse, there is a lot of ash with this pellet but clean looking flame. What should I adjust or reseal? Thanks

I noticed the glass gets dirty really fast. There is an airwash built into the stove, but I don't know if the air gap is at the bottom of the door or at the bottom of the window. Pellets are Powerhouse, there is a lot of ash with this pellet but clean looking flame. What should I adjust or reseal? Thanks
Just curious, I quit using powehouse cause of clinkers, and when I opened up the bag it smelled like freshly glued plywood. Awful smell. So I will be curious to watch this thread. They were good pellets when it came to the heat, but I just did not like the chemical smell. My glass on the stove got really dirty as well. By the way awesome videos!

WOW awesome... where were you a few years ago. I really like how you did the outside. Looks awesome.

One question for everyone here though..When I got my stoves and asked about the OAK's, I was told it should not be above the stove. I really like the way you hooked that up. Is there a plus or negative for an oak to be installed above or below the stove?

http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/PU-OAK_Info.pdf

WOW awesome... where were you a few years ago. I really like how you did the outside. Looks awesome.

One question for everyone here though..When I got my stoves and asked about the OAK's, I was told it should not be above the stove. I really like the way you hooked that up. Is there a plus or negative for an oak to be installed above or below the stove?
I'm happy you liked the video and my handywork. My manual said have the OAK 12" away from the termination. I put it above the stove because I did not want 2 holes in my wall. I know they sell thimbles with the OAK hole in them, but I don't know where to get them from there was one on ebay for $60. I got my delivered for $33. The OAK is not getting any hot air what so ever in fact it is cold as hell. I guess you need to make sure the OAK is not sucking exhaust gasses, but more and more I'm hearing of people trying to heat their OAK air in some way. Maybe someone else will chime in on this for you.

With the OAK being lower than the stove it assists drafting and removing the smoke if the power goes out.

Ok, so is there a +/- for having it run like doublewide did in the video as far as the more or less air goes for proper burn..etc..

Ok, so is there a +/- for having it run like doublewide did in the video as far as the more or less air goes for proper burn..etc..

Plus is only one hole in the house.

Minus would be there is a chance for smoke in the house.

I am sure there are more that could be added. I'm not awake yet! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.