Made a wood cart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Had one of those outdoor canopies that blew over in a rainstorm, and had all this left over metal side panels left as the canopy ripped and couldn't find a replacement.

From reading some other posts, decided I should make a wood cart out of the pieces.....just finished one, and have enough metal left over to make another one. :)

Didn't have to spend a dime on materials as it was all stuff I had laying around the house. (Brackets/casters/screws, etc...)

It wont hold a huge amount of wood, and I put a few small rails on the top for kindling and smaller splits.

For the summer, I am going to add a small tray on the top as we eat out on the porch all the time, and it can be a server table/drinks, etc...

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but just happy I could actually build something myself.

Attachments

• startcart.jpg
    startcart.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 544
  • woodcart1.jpg
    woodcart1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 536
Photo from the side

Attachments

• woodcart3.jpg
    woodcart3.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 534
Yes, just used angle brackets on the bottom and sides, and put a few small braces in the back for extra support.
The casters are all I had lying around.....should have larger ones for the porch as it doesn't roll too well.
I loaded it up a few weeks ago, and seemed to take the weight of the wood pretty well. Just going to keep it by the door on the porch vs schlepping to the pile all the time.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.