Magnehelic Connection at Whitfield Advantage Test Port

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Traveler12

Dec 23, 2019
NW NJ
I finally got a chance to spend more time tweaking my Whitfield Advantage-II, and got my new Magnehelic gauge out of storage. Got all the hardware except at the test port. That’s on the bottom of the burn chamber, to the right under the door latch (it’s mentioned in the testing and service docs available here at hearth.com).

I’m trying to match up the right size of the barb for the 1/8” vacuum hose. Naturally, the usual sources are trying to sell me a ½” or larger fitting that’s not even close. I don’t want to disturb the vacuum hoses for the safety switch, or drill any more holes in the burn chamber. Has anyone found a good spec to use for a hose fitting at their existing Whitfield test port?