Magnum 3500P - Room Air Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RussCampbell

May 17, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Hello, from Prince Edward Island, Canada
I hope all are well on your end :)
I am looking for some advice in regards to amps,
specifically for the room/air convection blower "MOTOR"

Unit: Magnum 3500P
Electrical Rating: Volts 110 - Amps 2.8

DESCRIPTION - Room Air Fan (when purchased separate from unit)
ORDER # MF3541 (Complete Assy)
The original motor on this assembly (MF3541) is a:
1/40 hp - 1500 RPM - CCW - 3.3" Diameter
115 Volts - 1.0 Amps - Fasco Electric Motor # D127
I would like to install a motor that operates at an increased amperage.
I am hoping someone can shed a little light on this.
I was hoping to be able to go as high as 1.86 amps (Plate Rating, not peak) (OEM 1.0 amp) but if not,
I would like to know what my range, for this motor (on this assy), will allow.

Hello
Unfortunately the selection of convection blowers is not like the wide selection of the more standard 6" pellet stove 85 CFM 3,000 RPM exhaust blowers on the market. Also since the motor is balanced with the squirrel cage, just changing the motor is not a good option. CFM is an important spec on room blowers since they are tuned with your stoves heat exchangers. The MF-3541 is 230 CFM and no other pellet stove that I know of has that rating. That is just my 2 cents. Let us know if you find out anything else. Thanks

Reactions: RussCampbell
Thanks for the quick response!
Was not aware of a possible balancing issue. I guess I should explain why I am looking to boost the output, just a little, rather than simply replace. I have been burning hardwood pellets and have reached max shutdown a couple of times. I have not been able to run the feed rate past 3 (setting 4 or 5 on the panel) and I have verified that it is getting up to that 230-250 range and everything just shut down. I have checked for blockages and everything seems to be good and functioning. Just having trouble pushing away all the heat. Granted a lazy, soon to be dead blower motor (which has died now) would definitely cause this issue. Going under the assumption that last season it was operation well...I thought maybe I could give it a boost. Is there anything else I could tweak or adjust to help with the evacuation other than what I am trying? The D515 has 25% more hp (1/30) as compared to the D127 (1/40) to help maintain top rpm. It is 0.69 lbs heavier and 0.33 inches longer. Dimensions are not an issue but now that you told me about a possible balancing/vibration issue...I am hoping that someone can maybe point me elsewhere. All Ideas welcome!!
D127.JPG

D515.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.