US stove Guru's needed..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangwagz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 5, 2014
Western PA
Hey folks,

Been trying To cross reference my Combustion Blower and Room Air Blowers to other Makes/models.

My Current Combustion Blower Is as Follows:
Fasco Number: 70580382
Type: U58B
0.60 Amps
3000 RPM
Customer P/N: 80473 <---This is also the USSC part number when ordering from them..

According to a Thread i read on here, via Owen (the us stove rep) He stated that the blower combustion motor and housing is the same as "PU-076002S" However, the amperage on this motor appears to be higher than the .6 amps that mine uses. According to a fellow friend on here who is also a VERY knowledgeable USSC owner, You dont wanna go much over 1.5 amps. As you all know, electric Motors usually DOUBLE at startup. Another issue i seen with this replacement (Along with some dood named Jason Munsen who is selling them) the overall size would be an issue...they're just to dang long from side to side...my side cover would never go bakc on the stove. haha...Lovely!

So thats my combustion info. Ill have to get more info on my Room Air blower as i currently dont have much info on it other than the USSC number (which is 80472A) The sticker is missing from mine, and as for finding info through pellet stove companies, i cannot find much for amperage draw and such via their sites.

If anyone else out there would be more than willing to explain a few things, id be more than happy to listen. Maybe i didnt comprehend during my PM conversations... WHo knows, i aint real bright! haha. Thanks in advance forlks, hope to hear something back from someone!

You might want to try your motor brand numbers and see what you can find on the W.W. GRAINGER website. Do a search here and there are a bunch of different manufactures talked about. I guess you need to spend the time looking and searching if nobody comes to your rescue that owns your brand stove. I don't. The search function here can come up with amazing info. It just takes a lot of time to look and read. It will make you more knowledgeable on your stove.

Thank you Owen, And thank you as well Bkins, i appreciate everyone's help. Turns out imma buy the whole assembly, and bite the bullet. this on is fine for now. Once i get new unit, ill drink my special potion, turn into a mad scientist, and dissect my old one and find replacement parts.

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.