Mahindra 4540

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We received another 1.5 inches of snow overnight so I scraped the driveway down again with the hopes the warm weather and rain get down to the crush stone.

Attachments

• 101_2157.JPG
    101_2157.JPG
    874.5 KB · Views: 223
It looks like the driveway will get down to the crush stoned because of the rain and the warmer weather but around noon I'll run the tractor over what ice is left hoping that I can break it up..

The snow keeps missing us we had almost 60 on Friday but it dropped to the 30's for Saturday. Just a lot of rain everything is a muddy mess very difficult to get anything done outside. Hope everyone's Christmas was good and everyone have a happy and safe new year!

The snow keeps missing us we had almost 60 on Friday but it dropped to the 30's for Saturday. Just a lot of rain everything is a muddy mess very difficult to get anything done outside. Hope everyone's Christmas was good and everyone have a happy and safe new year!
I had posted our high temp yesterday was 45 but later on the temp hit 47, that was at midnight. We had 32 this morning with the temps dropping into the single digits tonight.

We lost all the ice on the driveway so the scraping down of the driveway worked. Have a happy New Year.

The weather this winter has been confusing. By end of the coming week we could see mid forties again. I need a good couple week freeze to get some stuff done with the tractor, it just doesn't seem worth taking it out just to destroy the yard or worse get it buried in the yard or woods. The weather channels outlook for us for the coming months show cold temps moving back in so I should be good. If we do make it through this winter with no real cold spells there is always spring and this coming summer which is not far away! Thewoodlands you and your family have a great new year as well! A friend I work with just purchased a mahindra 3550 with a grapple set of forks a backhoe, a bucket and chains, a little under 400 hours for 32k from New York. The only thing I don't like is he just purchased it sight on scene from eBay but still another mahindra owner.

Reactions: Todd67
The weather this winter has been confusing. By end of the coming week we could see mid forties again. I need a good couple week freeze to get some stuff done with the tractor, it just doesn't seem worth taking it out just to destroy the yard or worse get it buried in the yard or woods. The weather channels outlook for us for the coming months show cold temps moving back in so I should be good. If we do make it through this winter with no real cold spells there is always spring and this coming summer which is not far away! Thewoodlands you and your family have a great new year as well! A friend I work with just purchased a mahindra 3550 with a grapple set of forks a backhoe, a bucket and chains, a little under 400 hours for 32k from New York. The only thing I don't like is he just purchased it sight on scene from eBay but still another mahindra owner.
I hope it didn't come from this area. <>

Reactions: Todd67
The Dr Scholls inserts are worth a try. I have 3 sets of them, now that I know they work for me. They are $50 a pair, and they aren't the end all be all answer for everyone or every condition, but they don't require a doctor's visit. Just find one of their machines at Walmart or a drug store and it's that easy. I recommend you do the fitting process at least twice so you know you have the correct insole. The fitting part is free.Best of luck with finding some relief!
My Orthotic inserts came in today, they feel good but tomorrow I'll do some stacking wearing them inside my boots and we'll see how I feel after that.

My Orthotic inserts came in today, they feel good but tomorrow I'll do some stacking wearing them inside my boots and we'll see how I feel after that.

That's great news. I hope they make a world of difference for you!

Reactions: thewoodlands
That's great news. I hope they make a world of difference for you!
Just from wearing them all day in my sneakers today, they should from what I can tell from the better arch support.

It's time to finish that last row of Ash I started stacking sometime ago.

Just from wearing them all day in my sneakers today, they should from what I can tell from the better arch support.

It's time to finish that last row of Ash I started stacking sometime ago.

Sounds good. Now hunker down and stay warm during this new cold spell:ZZZ

Sounds good. Now hunker down and stay warm during this new cold spell:ZZZ
I just hope we don't get the very cold chit we had last year. January is our coldest month so the cold is expected but it would be nice if we received some snow so the frost doesn't get real deep.

I just hope we don't get the very cold chit we had last year. January is our coldest month so the cold is expected but it would be nice if we received some snow so the frost doesn't get real deep.

I couldn't agree more, last January was absolutely miserable!

Reactions: heavy hammer
I had finally used all the grease out of the old grease gun so I used the new grease gun with the LockNLube Grease Coupler on it, it made greasing the tractor real easy and without losing any grease out of any of the connections.
LockNLube-Grease-Coupler_side-by-side_2000x.jpg

For a birthday present my wife purchased me one of the battery operated Dewalt grease guns. A very nice upgrade from the $30 dollar auto parts store one my brother picked up when we did all the fluids and filter changes. Having the right stuff makes even the little things like greasing the tractor that much easier. She even bought me one of those little grease guns that hold the 3 oz tubes. To small for the whole tractor but helpful in those hard to reach spots, PTO shaft U-joint, the underside of the tractor by the clutch and gas pedal. Those two spots are a pain, and a couple fittings on the grapple.

For a birthday present my wife purchased me one of the battery operated Dewalt grease guns. A very nice upgrade from the $30 dollar auto parts store one my brother picked up when we did all the fluids and filter changes. Having the right stuff makes even the little things like greasing the tractor that much easier. She even bought me one of those little grease guns that hold the 3 oz tubes. To small for the whole tractor but helpful in those hard to reach spots, PTO shaft U-joint, the underside of the tractor by the clutch and gas pedal. Those two spots are a pain, and a couple fittings on the grapple.
I'll try it on the backhoe after I clean the grease zerks up, hopefully it will make that job easier too. Does that small grease gun fit in the tool box on your Mahindra?

It looks like I'll weigh 209 or 210 when I go in for my yearly appointment this week, that's 12 to 13 pounds lighter than last year. I made it through the festive season without putting on much weight from my low of 206.

I don't have a tool box on my tractor, but I believe it would fit in the ones on the mahindra's. The grease gun is not very big.

The truck was starting hard yesterday so when I went out this morning, I brought the booster pac with me and it started hard but it finally started. It's in getting a few different things checked.......again.

When we finally came back to the house, I made our first fire. Since we received 4 plus inches of sugar snow, I plowed out the neighbor and our driveway. I have more plowing that needs to be taken care of along with some roof raking so that will get done tomorrow.

After roof raking and using the snowblower I decided to push back some snowbanks with the 4540, we should have another day of warmer weather before it tuns cold and we might get some rain after that.

It was time to grease the plow on the 4540 so I did that today along with moving some snow off the driveway. I'm not sure how much we'll get from this next system coming in from the west but if we happened to get dumped on, we'll have plenty of room for the new snow.

It seems like the snow keeps missing us it was almost 50 yesterday, around 40 today and sunny. The outlook for the next two weeks doesn't seem to bad for this time of year.

It seems like the snow keeps missing us it was almost 50 yesterday, around 40 today and sunny. The outlook for the next two weeks doesn't seem to bad for this time of year.
Compared to last years temps, these are Florida like. I don't miss the -25 to -35 we had or starting the tractor that was outside with just a cover on it.

I agree last winter the temps were brutal, but a cold spell would be good to freeze the ground, kills some bugs and some of these viruses going around. But 50 degree January is kinda nice, wonder what this summer will be like?

Reactions: thewoodlands
I agree last winter the temps were brutal, but a cold spell would be good to freeze the ground, kills some bugs and some of these viruses going around. But 50 degree January is kinda nice, wonder what this summer will be like?
I wish that I had the answer for what the summer weather will be but I don't. We are in the process of lining up our projects for the spring/summer, our biggest project will be a cement sidewalk we plan on doing and I never did get to paint the front porch so I'll be doing that too.

I also took about two hours so I could clean the zerks on the backhoe, the backhoe itself and grease it good.