Mahindra 4540

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yep, that's why I have to get that 20" of snow off my garage before it rains. It has a shallow pitch. My house roof is too tall, but has a nice pitch. Both roofs are metal. I'm near Carthage.

The truck ended up not needing a new catalytic converter, it needed a pcm code update. The truck ran fine on the drive home so that was good, the catalytic converter is warrantied for 11 years or 150,000 miles so I was wrong yesterday. The didn't charge us anything and they'll keep that work order open for a while.

None of the CO detectors went off last night so that made for a better night. We had the furnace cleaned October of 2017 so we had it done today, everything was fine so that was good.

Tomorrow I'll clean the pellet stove even though it was done before the season, I don't think we have burned 18 bags this year so it should be good.

Yep, that's why I have to get that 20" of snow off my garage before it rains. It has a shallow pitch. My house roof is too tall, but has a nice pitch. Both roofs are metal. I'm near Carthage.
We're in the town of Colton so we're not far from you.

Reactions: Hammy and Todd67
I was fitted for Orthotics Inserts this morning, the good news is I have plenty of good arch support on both sides. The bad news, after we had the furnace cleaned yesterday we could smell a dead mouse in the system after we tested it before the service guy left. We checked what we could today but didn't have any luck finding it so we have some dryer sheets and some baking soda wrapped inside coffee filters hanging from the hot air vents.

Tomorrow I'll clean the pellet stove, do some plowing with the 4540 (before we get any rain) and then cook some shrimp marinara the boss has wanted. Next week I'll take a shot at baking some Italian cookies my grandmother made at Christmas time.

It was a bad year for mice in Jefferson County. I hope you can find that dead mouse.

Glad you got fitted for your orthotics, I hope they make a big difference for you.

Reactions: Hammy
It was a bad year for mice in Jefferson County. I hope you can find that dead mouse.

Glad you got fitted for your orthotics, I hope they make a big difference for you.
We haven't had a many mice this year, usually when it gets real cold the mice find their way in and the traps will start snapping.

The eight hours straight working using a ladder in the new garage did it, the new inserts will have less give in the arch area so they should help even more.

It doesn't seem like we'll get much rain from the report I saw tonight, maybe a tenth of an inch, how much are you in for?

Our 5 day forecast has changed drastically. It was a 90% chance of rain on Sunday, now it's only a 10% chance with no forecast amount.

We killed a LOT of mice this summer in our attic and basement. I use glue traps. Had two adults and three young ones on one glue trap. I bait them with a small Dorito chip::-)

Edited because auto correct needs to stop changing my words!!!

Last edited:
Good to hear that you, the truck and your furnace are all getting better:). Hope you find that mouse though:).
I haven't found it yet but the smell isn't like it was. The snowblower is working, it had a contact under each handle (travel & auger) and the one under the auger control handle needed cleaning which was done with fine sandpaper. They thought it was a $150.00 part but that tested good, the labor cost $44.00 ... no charge for the sandpaper. :)

I did get to clean the chimney on the pellet stove (we were running that when the CO detector went off) but it was clean without any blockage.

Tomorrow I'll see if I can find or make a place in the woods for the utility trailer with the tractor so I can move the utility trailer out of a plow zone where I put snow.

Owning a home is a never ending project between up keep and new projects there could be fifty hours in a day and it still would not be enough. Throw a couple little ones in the mix and what ever the lovely wife would like done, you all know what I'm talking about. No matter what though I wouldn't change it for anything! You need those unfortunate lowes to appreciate those highs. Thewoodlands I wonder if those CO2 detectors have a life span kinda like smoke detectors. Anyways at least everything seems to be working now, glad you ended up getting a couple new detectors, CO2 is no joke!

Owning a home is a never ending project between up keep and new projects there could be fifty hours in a day and it still would not be enough. Throw a couple little ones in the mix and what ever the lovely wife would like done, you all know what I'm talking about. No matter what though I wouldn't change it for anything! You need those unfortunate lowes to appreciate those highs. Thewoodlands I wonder if those CO2 detectors have a life span kinda like smoke detectors. Anyways at least everything seems to be working now, glad you ended up getting a couple new detectors, CO2 is no joke!
I think they say about ten years so everything in the house will get changed. The good news is the mouse smell is gone, the bad news is it was never a mouse .... the blower motor finally went on the furnace. ;em

After getting an hour on the tractor, I made the wife some shrimp marinara tonight, she loved it and I thought it tasted very good. Tomorrow I'll take a shot a making some cookies my grandmother from Italy made us around Christmas.
101_2120.JPG

Attachments

• 101_2118.JPG
    101_2118.JPG
    872.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 101_2119.JPG
    101_2119.JPG
    772.4 KB · Views: 152
I used the FEL on the 4540 to move snow off the driveway and down in the woods, since we have rain coming in which would cause it to melt and run on the driveway then freeze at night, it can do that down in the woods.

We received three inches of snow from late yesterday afternoon and night so I plowed our driveway and the neighbor down the road. Before I plowed, we put in two loads of wood before we get hit with the rain starting on Thursday night through Friday, close to an inch which should make everything around here a big mess.

We received three inches of snow from late yesterday afternoon and night so I plowed our driveway and the neighbor down the road. Before I plowed, we put in two loads of wood before we get hit with the rain starting on Thursday night through Friday, close to an inch which should make everything around here a big mess.

We got a bunch of rain too, but only 2" of snow. It was 13 degrees this morning, and it's supposed to drop near zero tonight with a high of 37 tomorrow. It's been an interesting winter so far...

We got a bunch of rain too, but only 2" of snow. It was 13 degrees this morning, and it's supposed to drop near zero tonight with a high of 37 tomorrow. It's been an interesting winter so far...
This new system is suppose to drop between 1.5 - 2.0 inches of rain with the highest gust reaching 45 mph.

I did take more ice & snow off the driveway with the plow on the 4540, hopefully the rain will get it down to the crush stone before it freezes back up. Later tomorrow I'll do the driveway again, I hate the driveway being all ice.

Tomorrow we'll take some time to finally put up the workbench on the back wall in the new garage. Since it will be raining all day Friday, I'll be making some marinara sauce with some smaller scallops. :cool:

Christmas eve I'll be making some sausage,bell peppers and onions in a red sauce with some stuffed mushrooms. I usually weigh around 218 at this time of year but this year I'm weighing in between 207 - 209 so I have some room to add weight. :)

Sounds like you have some good plans.

We are only expecting up to an inch of rain Thursday & Friday. We still have no visible grass from our last 20" snowstorm. The warmer weather and recent rain turned it into 6-8" of packed snow.

Merry Christmas everyone hope everyone has a great day enjoy he time with friends and family. Weather around here has been no snow just around 30 for the last week supposed to almost hit 50 by end of the week. Winter has been odd but sooner or later it will get cold and a lot of snow so I'll take it.

Merry Christmas everyone hope everyone has a great day enjoy he time with friends and family. Weather around here has been no snow just around 30 for the last week supposed to almost hit 50 by end of the week. Winter has been odd but sooner or later it will get cold and a lot of snow so I'll take it.
I hope you and your family are having a Merry Christmas. We received about 3-4 inches of snow so we had a white Christmas with a low of 5 this morning, certain weather sites are calling for just under a half inch of rain on Friday so things will be a mess around here.

I used the 4540 to scrape the driveway down with the hope that when we get this warm weather with the rain, it will melt everything off it down to the crush stone.