Makita 6401 Used Price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Dex, so now you've got a 26 a 36 & a 46. You can not screw this up & throw the dolkita in there buddy. You know what you have to do right? ::-)

Yeah, Mama said no to the 6401 now. I still would like to own one (and put the big Slug and Jug in it!!)

I thought the same thing 026, 036, and 460 (046). Thats a killer triple threat. Pics to come as soon as it gets here.

Yeah, Mama said no to the 6401 now. I still would like to own one (and put the big Slug and Jug in it!!)

I thought the same thing 026, 036, and 460 (046). Thats a killer triple threat. Pics to come as soon as it gets here.

MS 660 or 066 MAG rounds out the team. All running 3/8 .50 chain in full chisel style. A C

Reactions: DexterDay
MS 660 or 066 MAG rounds out the team. All running 3/8 .50 chain in full chisel style. A C

Just looked again... Its a MS 260 (so its not to old) and has the adjustable carb w 16" Bar and 3/8" chain.

I thought it was an older 026 for the last 2 days. The bid never changed over 2 days. Went right to the end at $146.....!......!......!!

Reactions: MasterMech
Th
Just looked again... Its a MS 260 (so its not to old) and has the adjustable carb w 16" Bar and 3/8" chain.

I thought it was an older 026 for the last 2 days. The bid never changed over 2 days. Went right to the end at $146.....!......!......!!

That may be the deal of the month! A decent 260 @ $ 150.00 you can't go wrong. With any luck she's a runner u can put to work right away. Can't wait for pics & full report. A C

So I should sell my MS460 and go put together a 024, 034, 044, 064, 084 crew? ==c

It ain't pretty enough for you Dex.... :p

(Besides, it's been relegated to the dreaded cardboard box and had it's priority status revoked until I have more time to play with it.)

Thats the one I was looking at.

I got the Guy down to $325 but then won the auction for the MS 260..

I just talked to him yesterday (Jeremy) and he daid he had another perspective buyer at the same price.

Its a really good deal and wish Mama would let me get both.

Its only MONEY you will make more

Its only MONEY you will make more

That seems to be my wife's philosophy these days! I wish it was more aimed at my wants than hers though.

Well.... My MS 260 came today. But had to go to my Sons football practice. Just got home. Gonna put it together, take some pics, and start a new thread. As I have a few questions about it (carb isnt as described) and the air filter cover is a PITA $#!%!@!% to get on and off. It was on and I took it off, now I cant get it back on!!!!!!!! Also the chain is .325. Really would like to convert to 3/8"...

It does run and it runs well... Pretty snappy and man is it light. Compared to my 455, 036, and 460, this thing should be a dream to Run.
Anyways... Off to assemble and start a new thread (this thread is not named appropriately now/ my mistake). :(

I see the "New" price of these all over the place? From about $599 to almost $800 from online retailers (not with Big Bore kit).

I am looking at a used one and just wondering what would a fair used price be? $300-$400 seems average.

Gonna get rid of the Rancher and in time, get the Big Bore kit.

Just wondering of anyone has bought one used? And what you paid?

Ive tried every Home Depot around here. They look at me like I am from Outer Space, when I ask, "When are you guys gonna sell your Rental units"??? !! !! So no luck there....
ask to have your name written down....sometimes HD will have a list(sometimes not) i am currently on a list waiting for a 6401... i am going to rent one before deciding on purchase though......

Status
Not open for further replies.