Makita electric saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TJ1

Burning Hunk
Jan 12, 2015
Tennessee
Been reading some good reviews about this saw. All my cutting is within 100 feet of my workshop that has power. If not, I can toss the Honda 2000 generator on the back of the ATV. So please save the comments about the power source.

Would appreciate hearing from any of you that actually own the saw. How do you like it?

Not worried about a major score. We live in the middle of 42 acres of mostly white oak. And I already own a Stihl 441 with a 25 inch bar as well as a Huskie 435.

Did you do a search for past threads on it?

Makita in general makes quality tools, and I know there's others here who use electric saws for light-duty cutting.

And Greenworks has a new 82V chainsaw.

Last edited:
I had a Makita electric chainsaw when I was remodeling. You'll like it. Surprising power.