man VS Chimney- chimney up one point

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob bennett

Hearth Supporter
Feb 19, 2008
Lynden, Washington
In the ongoing battle with my chimney, (I am rebuilding the top 8 feet its 2 feet deep 5 feet wide)

The chimney gained a point tonight when I lost my footing and fell 4 feet onto the roof then i was hit by the brick I was trying to place.

So after replacing the brick and finishing the mortar in my bucket, I went and got 9 stitch and a tetnia shot at my friendly local doctor.

Once again, I am learning the hard way a skilled mason is worth what they charge

It could have been much worse

Burning Sensation said:
In the ongoing battle with my chimney, (I am rebuilding the top 8 feet its 2 feet deep 5 feet wide)

The chimney gained a point tonight when I lost my footing and fell 4 feet onto the roof then i was hit by the brick I was trying to place.

So after replacing the brick and finishing the mortar in my bucket, I went and got 9 stitch and a tetnia shot at my friendly local doctor.

Once again, I am learning the hard way a skilled mason is worth what they charge

It could have been much worse

All I can say is 'ouch'. So, um, based on your signature, exactly when IS the new stove going to be installed?

Center chimney or gable? If you were hit by a brick, sounds like maybe you were reaching way above your head to work? Do you have scaffolding set up? Makes the job 100% easier.

Too bad you didn't get it on tape - you'd be a youtube sensation.

Scaffolding and safety line - lucky you didn't roll off the roof

meathead said:
lucky you didn't roll off the roof
or fall straight through.

Admittedly it was stupid. I have 20 bricks left to go and then pour the cap. But there is no way I would fall through that roof. 1/2 inch ply over 3/4 shiplap fir. Its solid. More solid then my head

Status
Not open for further replies.