Mansfield 8011 secondary air tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoOdBuRn’N

Oct 19, 2019
Pennsylvania
I’m rebuilding a mansfield that came with my home purchase and the secondary manifold Has a blow out and the tubes are completely missing. I’m welding the manifold and making tubes but I need to know the size of the holes and how many per tube? A picture of some ones current Mansfield secondary tubes in the stove would be much appreciated so I can see the orientation of the tubes as well. Google has no pictures so I’m SOL!

There is a picture of the front tube at the beginning of this old thread:

Have you considered buying the tubes so that you get the proper secondary air volume and distribution?

I’m rebuilding a mansfield that came with my home purchase and the secondary manifold Has a blow out and the tubes are completely missing. I’m welding the manifold and making tubes but I need to know the size of the holes and how many per tube? A picture of some ones current Mansfield secondary tubes in the stove would be much appreciated so I can see the orientation of the tubes as well. Google has no pictures so I’m SOL!

go to a dealer with your set of drill bits to measure hole size which is often different between each tube. Measure tube size, and record angle that the holes are shooting downward which is also different between each tube.
You’re probably missing the baffle board too and other pieces that you can look for on a new one.

I’m going through a dealer for the baffle and blanket but for $120 a peice per tube and $500+ for the manifold I’m not comfortable paying. The dealer actually offered me a job as a stove mechanic, said I seemed “pretty handy”. I did get the picture you referenced and if you happen to know the size of the holes I would appreciate it (some stoves are different per tube but from what hearthstone told me over the phone they are the same size per tube on the mansfield). thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated.

The dealer actually offered me a job as a stove mechanic, said I seemed “pretty handy”.
If I had to guess, I'd say they are probably always on the lookout for the best help they can get while still paying minimum wage. ;lol

$120 a tube? That’s ridiculous, a whole set probably costs that much. If the stove had that much damage, it’s probably got cracked stones and leaks everywhere. Have you looked the thing over closely?

take a look at these parts prices :eek: :mad:

That is ridiculous! Not only would I never buy another hearthstone, but if one needs repaired, you’d be better off buying a new stove.

The problem is a new stove price trumps the replacement parts and yes I I looked it over there is 3 stones that need replacement and Each Stone is about $115. I have the stove completely broken down because the Mansfield air manifold is one piece and the stove top has to come off for it to come out. If I wasnt going to build the Pipes and patch the manifold id cut my losses. My cap for this repair was $1000 and so far I’m still under.

Isn’t the manifold cast iron like my old heritage? Nice piece but how would you patch it?

I sold my Mansfield for $1,000 and it was in good shape. Maybe I should start selling used hearthstone parts!

Reactions: Woody Stover