Mantis-or mostefficient

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
western NY
Any recent info on Empire Mantis? Or what is the most efficient propane space heater? Still trying to think about heating a bedroom addition.
Searched Mantis and there was mention of a redesign of it's ugliness. Thought maybe folks in the industry could comment?
Doesn't need to be a fireplace... stove or no flame possible.
Thanks

From what I hear, our dealers that sell the Mantis are very happy with it. In fact, one of them is from Western NY. I can find the name for them if you want. When I was in their shop, they showed me something similar that was less pricey. Aside from a vent free heater which is almost 100% efficient and can be bought at the Home Deeper for cheeper I think the Mantis may be the tops for efficiency.

Thanks, I'm east of Buffalo, south of Rochester, west of the Finger Lakes area. Wellsville, Hornell nearby.....
Vent free I'm not interested in, especially for a bedroom....

It was either Fashionable Fireplaces or Fireplace Fashions in Rochester. I am pretty sure it was the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.