Master Forge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
When I totaled my Toyota Prime and bought another one for a total of $15,000 of tax credits I had to be darn sure I paid 15K in taxes that year, I sold off some mutual funds that had lots of capital gains on them just to make sure as the EV credits did not carry forward, it was use them or lose the amount above what was owed in taxes.

These days almost everyone has a IRA, if they need to pay more taxes to cover a credit, they can always do a conversion to Roth IRA.

As far as I can tell it's a new stove by a Taiwan grille maker. It is not listed on the EPA site for the tax credit, nor is the company. Actually, there is no record of it in the EPA database. I tried to get a manual and no luck so far. There is no company website and Lowes does not have the manual listed. They need to be careful here. This could be lawsuit territory if the claim is false. Caveat Emptor.
Here are the epa certs.

Edit… way late to the party.

Enerco stoves also show up now in the EPA database. None of their woodstoves have an HHV that qualifies for the tax credit.