Maybe things are Improving

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Just got the call from my dealer that my Accentra Insert will be available for me on the 27th of this month.(October) Ordered it on June 12th. Interestingly, a neighbor, who had her name put on a wish list about 3 weeks after I ordered mine, got a call this week from the same Dealer, asking if she was still interested in Having one in early November. Maybe the supply has improved. Getting a little excited about finally getting my stove. Something to Burn the 4 tons of Pellets I've had since August.

My fingers are crossed for you. Only 12 days to go. I hope the install goes well and she fires right up ;-)

camdids said:
Just got the call from my dealer that my Accentra Insert will be available for me on the 27th of this month.(October) Ordered it on June 12th. Maybe the supply has improved. Getting a little excited about finally getting my stove.
I expect there have been a lot of cancelled orders lately - because of the reduction in the price of oil, the increase in the price of pellets, and the uncertainty of the economy for folks looking at laying out 4 or 5 grand. Gonna be a lot more stoves available in the next few months than the manufacturers were projecting last month. I'd be willing to be that the backorders will be gone before Christmas.

Very Likely the truth. As I said my neighbor recieved a call about getting one and she wasnt even a firm order candidate.Does seem like the dealera are getting more through than expected. And as you say the cheaper oil is making poeple reconsider the outlay. Just wait till it goes up again and watch the panic re-appear.

Maybe things are Improving

Then again, maybe they ain't. Little things, like gas prices, heating oil, stove availability, seem to be getting better right now, and from a personal viewpoint, I couldn't be happier about that. BUT, celebrating because gas is around $3 a gallon, and people are finally getting stoves that they were promised 3 months ago (at the new price), pellets at $300 a ton, and heating oil at $3.24, once again it's all part of Mr. Scrooge's grand scheme to keep all us Cratchetts under his thumb. The people that got us in this mess are getting bonuses, our tax dollars are going to pay for it. Sorry, had to vent a bit. I'm still watching heating oil prices, first time they go up, gonna get 100 gallons for backup insurance.

Hey No problem venting a Little. Its what we are all here with each other for. I have let off a little steam before.
I would add that my Dealer is not increasing the price from my june order. I know others have had increases from there original price, but my one has not added anything. Maybe its all down to whether th edealer can afford it . Or maybe its just an Honor thing. Not too much of that around these days i know, but it sure is nice when you come across it.

My dealer advised me that slower sales reflected by flat inventory purchases would help us in the Northeast. Stoves sales not increased in the west would move additional inventory into New Endland where the demand is high. Seems to be working since my stove arrived 4 months earlier than anticipated. Cancellations are killing these dealers with their advertising purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.