Mechanic In a Bottle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ColdNorCal

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2018
Newcastle, Ca.
Let me first say I have never used any mystery oil, seafoam, MIB...

I have a 20 year old Craftsman riding mower that has been used, some may think even abused, on my very hilly 5.5 acres. The past couple years it has been running rough despite new plugs, air filter and fuel filter. Out of curiosity I decided to try MIB. After running about 5+ gals of gas through it with MIB the past two weeks the tractor is definitely running a lot better, maybe even almost perfect. And only for $5. lol

This is a definite ymmv

I knew quite a few mechanics on the bottle.

As a long retired mechanic I resent that comment
I have never been on or in a bottle
But sure as hell tipped a few wabully pops all round

good luck with seafoam over the years, less so with MMO

Reactions: Jazzberry
Sea Foam is well worth it..

Reactions: Jazzberry
Seafoam is even more worth it for direct injection gasoline engines as there is no fuel washing the intake valves or runners. This being if you can introduce before the intake manifold. On some cars this would probably present a challenge.

not real hard just use the egr plumbing- that is what is causing the build up in the first place.

Reactions: SpaceBus