mendota fv44i vs marquis capella 36 vs heat and glo i35 and regency lr16e...and other dumb questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwar

Oct 28, 2015
Ontario
hi
so I'm going to go with an gas insert...I've looked at the mendota fv44i and marquis capella 36...hoping to see the heat and glow i35 and lr16e...the mendota was nice however the logset seemed to hide a fair bit of the flame( looked at 2 different units at different stores...but maybe its just me)...has anyone seen the driftwood log set ? how does it look? any better than the traditional?

The marquis capella seemed nice...i do have a question thou...marquis is made by kingsman...kingsman has the IDV35...this seems the same as the marquis? are they? is the marquis better made? or identical?

I don't have a very large house...1200 square feet...I would like to be able to have the fireplace on with out being cooked out...do any of these or any other brand you'd recommend have a heat dump option to let the heat go if I'm getting cooked out...

I know mendota seems to be considered the best made and best flame. but is there another one in this list or one i've not considered that your recommend...

thanks for your time
mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.