MESys has high hopes for economic impact of new, pneumatic wood-pellet delivery trucks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admire how much effort and $$$ Les Otten is investing into R&D for infrastructure. Those trucks are NOT cheap. I've been up there and see the operation, this would be truck number 3 or so trying to "get it right". Seems to me that there should also be a filter to remove dust from the fuel at the point of delivery. I suppose you would want to be the last stop on the route if dust is a problem from the trucks.

My boss and I have been watching this for a while. We have someone ready to build break down style pellet bins in basements and he ideas for converting one of the fuel oil trucks to a pellet delivery truck. We're kinda in a holding pattern. With big box stores selling pellets cheaper than we can buy them for, it may be hard to create that kind of market with the economy how it is. We may look at bulk coal delivery first.

and now you have a distrabutoin center and truck and driver and benefits and fuel costs and insurance and...............................
be the same price as oil and propane when it gets to your house

Status
Not open for further replies.