Mike can your site be viewed by firefox and Safari

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno elk, i use IE , loaded righht up for me , we are still working on some of the store pages , but the main site , manuals and troubleshooting seem to load fine through IE , i did send our IT dept an e mail to check on that as it should load i guess, but working fine on internet explorer right now www.englanderstoves.com try this link an see if it pops up

stoveguy2esw said:
i dunno elk, i use IE , loaded righht up for me , we are still working on some of the store pages , but the main site , manuals and troubleshooting seem to load fine through IE , i did send our IT dept an e mail to check on that as it should load i guess, but working fine on internet explorer right now www.englanderstoves.com try this link an see if it pops up

Quick load on Firefox for me. What filters are you running? I let my firewall do the limits, no the browser.

kool! thanks for the info rich ,the site has been giving us fits over the last week or so , i can tell in my office as phone traffic for basic info has jumped a bunch, should settle out some now that its back up and running. i will say this (gratuitous plug;) ) IMHO my service department did a great job keeping up while the web was down. i really never realised how much phone traffic the site has saved us until it was down. fielding calls like " saw your stove at lowes, but they couldnt tell me..." specs and such. i enjoy talking about our products, but traffic is traffic, and customers like knowing right now, website is a great tool for that, saves time for everybody. kinda like in here question gets posted , bam , here comes an answer, or several. from pro's too, doesnt get any better than that

Works fine in Mozilla. I'll give Safari a try in a little bit.

I goggled a it and it would not load but your link loaded

elkimmeg said:

Hummmmm, me thinks a conspiracy. MS has it in for inspectors and non-standard-browser users. Elk you need to lurk better :smirk:

Use an older Imac, safari loaded englander site no problemo, safari version 1.3.2

UncleRich said:
elkimmeg said:

Hummmmm, me thinks a conspiracy. MS has it in for inspectors and non-standard-browser users. Elk you need to lurk better :smirk:

Firefox IS the standard. Open source is the way.

I woke up the beast and tried to load up the primary Google hit in Internet Exploder. No go there too.

Mike, is this URL official or bogus? It's where Google is directing folks:
http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/

Thanks Andre. Yes, Mike's link works fine. The problem is that is not the link that comes up at the top in Google, thus the issue. I'm trying to find out if the url I posted is real or bogus. I'll PM Mike.

elkimmeg said:
If not, It is not loading

Elk,

I have two Macs and one has Firefox and the other Mac has Safari and both work.....

They're fixing the other link. This has nothing to do with the browser or platform. Hopefully it will be working by tonight.

ok gang,
all of the websites we have should be up , i just looked at them all and each url is linking with our home page. the link i gave earlier is our homepage but for some reason google and some others direct you to the www.englandsstoveworks.com page. usually it doesnt matter as it crosslinks to the main ESW site at www.englanderstoves.com . due to server trouble (outside our control) we lost the site , had to get it brought back up again, i dont know this stuff too well, but we had to disable the crosslinks from the other url's to get the main site back up including our online store , this was done earlier today the crosslinks were just shortly reconnected as well so it looks like we are back up and fully running. sorry for the inconvenience guys.

FWIW, both links are working w/ my browser (Opera on Gentoo Linux w/ KDE)

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.