Minus 88F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sold my house and the foreclosure I am rehabbing does not have a chimney so I had to sell the BK. The temporary housing I am at only has baseboards for heat. Atleast at the new house I will have a heat pump. Might have to go to the darkside and install a pellet stove at the new house till I can rip out some more walls down the road to install a free standing wood stove.
Ugh! Sorry to hear it, you've been an inspiration to many of us to try our hands at heating with wood, and build block-off plates above our inserts for a better experience.

Pellets are not the end of the world, probably way less work, and still local biomass heat.

Our journey never ends, until it ends. I spent a 7 year hiatus from heating with wood, I was younger then and had my eye on a different prize. Now someone helps me stack, occasionally loads, and even hauls the wheelbarrow from time to time.

Look forward to hearing your future endeavors when it comes time.