modern 8" flue woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I love my F350 7.3L 6 speed manual. My Stihl 036 Pro and my Remington Sendero 300 RUM. I don't work for these guys but they all get the job done better (in my opinion) that other trucks, saws and guns that I have owned.

Get me a Equinox and I'll put it in my shop!

BKVP
The equinox may be the only Hearthstone I’ve never seen for sale used. You may have trouble with this one!

The equinox may be the only Hearthstone I’ve never seen for sale used. You may have trouble with this one!
Could be the 800lbs of mass that limits changing them out....

BKVP

Reactions: Hoytman
@webby3650 the price of anthracite must have chased you away. You didn’t use it very long.

Probably would chase me away as well if I could find a nice, used, newer King, or even a used Princess for my 1350 sq ft home.

5F out and 354 is 270ish on the front. It’s a shame I still can’t boil water on top of it with this stove running so low. I think I have enough stove to handle -50 or lower. Already handled -31F last year with ease. Have pictures of outdoor thermometer and outdoor IR gun readings to prove it.

Friend sent me a picture last night of his King with about 8 pieces of fresh oak in it sitting on top of a full belly of ash up to the loading door lip. I’m pretty sure he was cracking on me for emptying ash twice a day.

Until I find a nice used BK I’ll keep paying the $500 ton for nut anthracite because it’s still cheaper than fuel oil and LP per BTU. I won’t even blink an eye about.

I’ve got near 3 cord of wood cut, split, stacked up off of ground and top covered for 4 years now waiting until I can find a used BK.

After owning a thermostat I’ll always have a stove around with a thermostat.

Reactions: ctreitzell
@webby3650 the price of anthracite must have chased you away. You didn’t use it very long.

Probably would chase me away as well if I could find a nice, used, newer King, or even a used Princess for my 1350 sq ft home.

5F out and 354 is 270ish on the front. It’s a shame I still can’t boil water on top of it with this stove running so low. I think I have enough stove to handle -50 or lower. Already handled -31F last year with ease. Have pictures of outdoor thermometer and outdoor IR gun readings to prove it.

Friend sent me a picture last night of his King with about 8 pieces of fresh oak in it sitting on top of a full belly of ash up to the loading door lip. I’m pretty sure he was cracking on me for emptying ash twice a day.

Until I find a nice used BK I’ll keep paying the $500 ton for nut anthracite because it’s still cheaper than fuel oil and LP per BTU. I won’t even blink an eye about.

I’ve got near 3 cord of wood cut, split, stacked up off of ground and top covered for 4 years now waiting until I can find a used BK.

I actually sold it because I moved. The new house doesn’t have the need of a second stove. Or the kind of heat the hitzer produces.

Reactions: Hoytman
I actually sold it because I moved. The new house doesn’t have the need of a second stove. Or the kind of heat the hitzer produces.
Ah ha…didn’t realize you had moved. The BK seems to be heating this big new place easily enough.

The Hitzers sure do produce heat…although I think the smaller 254 would be a better fit for us in shoulder seasons than this 354 and I probably still wouldn’t over work the 254.

I just purchased a farm near where I live, New home and shop and pond all in the planning. I might build a waste oil furnace, we don't have coal.

BKVP

I love my F350 7.3L 6 speed manual. My Stihl 036 Pro. I don't work for these guys but they all get the job done better (in my opinion) that other trucks, saws that I have owned.

Get me a Equinox and I'll put it in my shop!

BKVP
Man, I'd love that truck. Not the fuel bill though. Glad to see a fellow manual driver still at it.

Man, I'd love that truck. Not the fuel bill though. Glad to see a fellow manual driver still at it.
I manual swapped my bronco last year. And just burn up the cheap stock replacement clutch plowing snow. Oops time to spend some money on better parts.

BeGreen will remind us to keep this on topic....so back to 8" stoves.

Regency
Blaze King
Hearthstone

Any others? I'll ne in Nashville for Hearth Expo in about 3 weeks and will see if there are any new units that are 8".

BKVP

Reactions: ctreitzell
BeGreen will remind us to keep this on topic....so back to 8" stoves.

Regency
Blaze King
Hearthstone

Any others? I'll ne in Nashville for Hearth Expo in about 3 weeks and will see if there are any new units that are 8".

BKVP
Pretty sure buck still has one.

Which model is 8" VC Defiant?

Which can surprisingly be reduced to 6”. I’m surprised they can meet emissions like that.
It can be ordered with a 6" flue collar with the caveat that it can not be operated in fireplace mode with open doors.