Monessen NB24 Log Set - Pilot will not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So in your picture where you are trying to show the pilot adjustment what is that directly to the right of it? Is that the thermo couple? It looks like a nova 820 valve but ussually the thermo couple goes into the hole on the back of the valve. A tc not connected properly would account for the pilot shuting down immediately. Other than that we need pressures and valve resistance readings.

The picture shows the pilot adjustment, the thermocouple is no where near this area.

Ok. So what is screwed into the valve to the right of the adjustment? Is that the ods?

When you turn the on-pilot-off knob to "pilot" & depress it, can you hear the gas flowing to the pilot?

No, I cannot hear the gas or smell it. I had a gas log set at my previous house and know what to look for when lighting it so that is why I am stumped as to why it won't light. It is getting a small amount of gas but not enough. I have bled the air out of so many times there shouldn't be any in the line lol

Ok. So what is screwed into the valve to the right of the adjustment? Is that the ods?

I am not sure, I am not at home to look to see where that wire goes to. I am just a homeowner trying to get this to work, I am not a professional obviously. I have the manual attached in the first post for reference on the log set, it might tell you what you are asking.

Always a nice idea to follow up with result. The next person with a problem may see their solution. JS